SAU Community

Cruise Control?

Deutscher

Hi guys,

I haven't brought my skyline yet.. still on holidays XD

just trying to look for the perfect one but I've noticed that the R34 GT-T's don't have cruise control on them..... is that normal??

Is it a optional thing? The reason I am asking is because I really want to have cruise control!! if it's not already on the car.. is it possible to get it put on?? and how much would I be looking at?? On my old 96 VS commodore I had cruise control and when I sit on the freeway my ECU told me it's doing like 6L which is very good, but when I drive normal it's a lot higher!!

So was wondering if it's easy enough to get one put on or If I'd have to go without (which would suk!!)

Thx for the help guys!

Skylines don't come with cruise control. You can get an aftermarket cruise control system installed fairly easily. Have no idea on the cost though. Do a search on here as this question has been covered before. I'm sure there is plenty of information around here about it.

Hi, Thanx guys.

I had done a search for 'cruise control' but didn't find much. Someone else had asked if they had it and someone said that they think you can get a aftermarket one but nothing more was said, nothing about costs or anything so I thought I might post in the WA section cause maybe someone could give me a name of a place were I could get one from :D

Guys

Any number of them out there. Auscruise do a neat electric unit (don't have to worry about vacuum tanks etc).

Got one fitted to the GTR and looks like it came from the factory.

Also have have a vacuum type unit fitted to a diesel patrol - same story on fitment and they both work a treat.

If you are fussy do it yourself and tap into the electonic speedo signal and avoid magnets etc on the driveshaft.

Cheers

Apparently they come with the port but not th unit. I was told around $700 a couple of years ago when i bought my car by my mechanic.... and spent my money on an amp...

My manual BA has cruise control....Is luvs it. the only decent feature of that car.....!@#$%^ Fords!

You can get a manual with cruise control??.... i have never seen this....seriously!

my 31 4 door manual has cruise control..... which will come in handy on the crossing of the nullabor.....it is an after market set up that works on the engine revs...... just set and forget its wicked for fuel economy and pesky 50k zones in the city

I run the Auscruise on both my S15 and R34 - excellent cruise control system, one of the best I have had on all my cars. Would definitelu recommend it. I had my cruise fitted at a place where my cars are regularly hanging around and getting mods done... but pretty sure cruise control is not something they would normally fit - you could ask but I am not sure they would say yes.