SAU Community

Hid Group Buy #3

NYTSKY

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay i've looked at my lights again. All i know is that i have to spin off that black thing, pull out the lights and then thats as far as i get. I don't know what to do next. Could someone please just simply tell me what i need to do? I only need to know what needs to be taken off, i should be able to figure out what goes on then lol. Theres some white thing in my car i'm assuming i have to pull off too, but i don't know how to get that off.

Disconnect the negative terminal on you battery.

Pull dust covers off.

Pull the wires out of the dust cover (you will need a dremel to cut the hole bigger so you can get the wires out)

Then cut a 50c piece out of the dust cover. This is for the HID bulb wires to go through. And dont worry there is a gromet attached to the wires that will plug up the bigger hole.

Carefully put the HID bulb in without touching the bulb,

Hook the metal clip back over the HID bulb, will be a little harder than before but it will hook on.

Take the negative wire off the headlight housing and plug it into the black wire on the HID ballast

Take the red wire you had plugged into your old halogen plug and plug that into the red HID ballast wire.

Feed the HID bulb wires through the dust cap and plug them into the ballast.

You will see onthe side of the ballast a - and + make sure when you make the ballast connection the red wire in on the + side and the black on the - side.

There the kit is connected, put the dust cover back on and afix the ballast somwhere safe in your engine bay.

Put neg lead back on the battery and turn you headlights on.

I normally leave them on for about 10mins after i first start them.

Here is a phone pic of the completed install, sorry for the quality of the pic.

post-32255-1232024783_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps.

Okay, i think i kind've get it now... lol. Why do i have to take the negative lead off my battery though?

Because you might get a big shock or you could fry your ECU if you do something wrong.

And considering you did not know your headlight bulb to your highbeam.....need i say more.

Because you might get a big shock or you could fry your ECU if you do something wrong.

And considering you did not know your headlight bulb to your highbeam.....need i say more.

Lol, i figured out which one was my high beam and which was my headlights shortly after i posted that question. I was like "oh yeah, i can just turn on my headlights and then high beam to see which ones they are".

But i'll admit i know basicly nothing about this type of stuff. Its my first car and i've basicly never touched a car before i got my skyline hahah.

Hi mate,

In your other thread you were arguing that you do not make any profit on this and you buy from local distributor when clearly i mentioned you that BOSCH HID kits can be bought brand new for $150 and yes i imported few for myself. As per the forum rules, since you're not a trader can you please update your first post and tell us who is the local distributor for warranty issues. If it's you who is providing warranty, then clearly you're trader and should support SAU by becoming registered business.

I dont what you are trying to achieve here mate.

The only reason you get these kits cheaper is because import them yourself. Im buying them locally from a business here in Syndey.

Im buying the from SDC Performance in Sydney.

www.sdcperformance.com.au

All warranty claims are first mentioned to me then i pass it on to them.

That's all i wanted to know. Not trying to achieve anything but there are forum rules that everyone of us should follow. And you not doing anything wrong by selling their kits but just let people know who the distributor is.. nothing wrong in asking that publicly.

Good luck. BTW BOSCH hid kits are one of the best kits in the market i must say.

Ok my lights are in and working!!! Can't wait to see how they look at night.

One question, there was blue plastic stuff on the back off my metal thing. I just left it on there, but should i have peeled it off? I didn't know what it was so i just left it lol.