SAU Community

Fake GTRs?

What are your thoughts on those P-Plater kids who badge up their GTST's with GTR badging and put a GTR kit on them.. or HALF a GTR kit (like the front half) and are too cheap to do the back?

Personally if I was Prime Minister I would make it legal to put a baseball bat through their front windscreen.

Their adverse affect of the general publics perception on the real GTR's sends a chill down my spine, and I don't even own a skyline. And almost turns me off buying a GTR. I can just see it now.. I go over to a mates place and hear his missus say "Oh my friends Son has one of those GTR Skyline things"

I would be interested to hear what real GTR owners think of the pretenders?

Should we get some stickers made up for real GTR owners, courtesy of skylines australia? "Not A GTR Pretender"

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't mind an aftermarket front bar that looks GTR-ish if they just want a better look to the stock shit gtst bar. or upgrading to the aluminium bonnet is ok as well for obvious weight saving reasons

...but...

badges/full kits should be collected and burnt in a gun by-back-sort-of-scheme...

kits are just OK, badges are wrong!!! i could never put a badge on that wasn't actually my car etc.. GTR or STI- on standard wrx

problem is that it's not always the driver, have seen at least one car yard that all it's gtst's had GTR badges on them...

Originally posted by pentae

Their adverse affect of the general publics perception on the real GTR's sends a chill down my spine, and I don't even own a skyline. And almost turns me off buying a GTR. I can just see it now.. I go over to a mates place and hear his missus say "Oh my friends Son has one of those GTR Skyline things"

That's what happened to the Honda's and their Type-R badging....i've even seen Civics/Integras/Accords that predates VTEC having type-r stickers/badges etc etc...

won't be surprised if those people turn their attention to the GT-Rs now.....

Godfather dont be a wanger....

I have a gtst with a full gtr kit, who cares? I actually like the round look of the gtst and the gtr kit just compliments the shape more.... But I do hate the cheap copy R33 gtr rear wings.. YUK...

LePpErFiSh........

Originally posted by pentae

Godfather: Yes Stereotypes suck. But after looking into all the cars containing these GTR wannabe owners.. they are all young P Platers. So consider what I said a generalisation. :)

Just wondering how you determined that they are all young P-Platers driving these GTR copies?? Concidering we don't use P-Plates here in QLD..... Do you happen to ask them? Or are you just assuming? I think the later.:D

Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

I'm no ricer, but who cares. People spend their money how they see fit. Worry about yourself and how you spend your dollars, not how others spend theirs.

:bahaha: so that's why you have GTR badges on your car, eh? :bahaha:

I got really pissed off the other day when my mate in a modded s13 claimed he slaughter a GTR. My first word was fake GTR, he totally denied it and said that "it was definitely a GTR". Just yesterday we were cruising in my skyline and amazingly he spotted the "GTR" he raced in the S13. This guy had so many GTR badges on his car he could have Badged four real GTR's.

GTR kits on GTS-T’s are ok just not the badges. I wouldn’t been seen dead in my GTS-T with GTR badges.

Yeah it's all about the badges (ironically the cheapest part of the upgrade). The kit is fine, so are even the flared guards front and back if you can afford them. But leave the GTR badge off!

That said though, I think Skylines are one of the least re-badged cars I've seen. Everyone's seen zillions of "HSV" Commodores and "Evo" or "GSR" Lancers which simply weren't. Probably because the GTS-t's are respectable in their own right and don't usually need to be upgraded with a badge :D

Originally posted by Lepperfish

Godfather dont be a wanger....

I have a gtst with a full gtr kit, who cares?  I actually like the round look of the gtst and the gtr kit just compliments the shape more....  But I do hate the cheap copy R33 gtr rear wings.. YUK...

LePpErFiSh........

just an opinion of mine, no offence to you or you car :D

I dont really mind when people put GTR kiy's all over their cars, same deal with 400r kits and the like as they help break things up a bit between the other GTST's. But i dont like when i see a GTR badge on a gtst. I think it is wrong cause by placing that badge u are instantly stating that ur car is a GTR and all the road respect that goes with it...