SAU Community

Adjusting Clutch, R33

Guest Robo's

After putting in my clutch, first i had no pedal, then i blead it and no i have pedal but its only an inch from the floor, i need to bring it up.

There is no adjustment, do i just keep on bleading it?

crap!!!

r33's have no adjustment. and you WILL **** your gearbox if you dont fix it. Heavy heavy duty (clutch companys can modify the pressure plate to be stronger but then the standard nissan r33 hydrolic system cannot cope with it to disengage the clutch properly.

A friend of mine made a custom adjustment for my clutch which was the ONLY way that fixed it. I could probly get him to make you one for a price.

PM me if interested.

really,

clutches are different and made by different manufacturers,if u fitted an identical clutch,it wouldnt need any adjustment.

when NISSAN built the cars ,they were designed to be fitted with a standard clutch,not an aftermarket clutch.fitting a spacer is make shift no question,ideally if your able modifying slave cyl rod to be adjustable is the way to go,but if your not equiped to do that a spacer will suffice.

so that means it doesnt need to be done huh.we do mainly gtst and have fitted dozens of aftermarket clutches and have had to do it numerous times,although we modify the rod ,so it can be adjusted,but as i said if someone isnt equipped to do that,a spacer will suffice.

generally adjusting the master cyl rod will do the job,but on a few twin plates we have done,we have also had to lenthen the slave rod aswell to get a good pedal.