SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day

DSTROY

I will have my old mans GTR ready for this but I will be in QLD for my 21st. Im not sure I want to let him take it out without somebody being there to help him, he knows stuff all about imports.

i wish my dad was as cool as yours.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) What's full boost 21psi?

Thats going to be awesome fun this time!! I only ever run 1 bar (14psi) and thats enough for me ;)

full boost is 316kw @ 18psi and low boost 258kw @ 14psi

this looks like fun, later in on the year when the weather cools down abit I will give it a go.

Is anyone else with Shannons, do you know if taking your car out onto the track voids insurance? if so can you get extra insurance for track use?

this looks like fun, later in on the year when the weather cools down abit I will give it a go.

Is anyone else with Shannons, do you know if taking your car out onto the track voids insurance? if so can you get extra insurance for track use?

Yes will void your normal road insurance.

I will say on the track days and supersprints I have done for the year I have only ever seen one car come in off the track with damage :) It is a rareity if you are going out with good people ..

count me in can't wait.... should i bring the 33, 34, or 32?????

find 2 other drivers and bring them all :-)

You could be surprised..cause isnt it high revs which causes the oil surging not boost?? Blue32 isnt that right :)

It is mostly the high revs which causes the oil surge problem, but high G force also adds to the issue.

Yes will void your normal road insurance.

I will say on the track days and supersprints I have done for the year I have only ever seen one car come in off the track with damage ;) It is a rareity if you are going out with good people ..

thanks for that info Jess.

Still im abit paranoid of that chance of an accident, I doubt my family and misses would allow for a replacement if I wrote it off with no insurance :)

thanks for that info Jess.

Still im abit paranoid of that chance of an accident, I doubt my family and misses would allow for a replacement if I wrote it off with no insurance :)

Everyone has that ;)

Why dont you do some driver training to get your confidence up before you take your car on the track..Mallala is pretty good there is plenty of run off around most of the track so good for newbies...Should see some of the tracks I drive on not much room for error due to the walls being so close.

Accidents as in someone hitting you doesnt happen much either..Cause the cars should be well spaced apart and the other drivers if they have a quicker car "usually" are curtious to back off a bit and get around you safely..

Are you guys aloud passenger at any of the track days?

I am sure Mallala has days where you pay and there are instructors out there that if anyone is new or needs advice on tracking there car jumps in and gives you guidance?? We have it all the time over in NSW

I think I might do some driver training first :cool: I dont care if people think I look like a noob or sissy.

I know when I first got my car I gave myself a few scares not realising how tail happy DR's were. it took me a year before starting to know how hard to push it and its sweet spot before it wants to loose traction. still I dont like to get over confident as thats when people have accidents :yes:

Driver training is awesome! I know loads of great fast drivers over here that still get trainers in there car to help them tweak there driver skills and habits..Not sissy thing at all any one that thinks that is a noob!

I love the trainers in my car they help me go fast and thats a massive rush :cool:

If your car is is getting tail happy around corners you are going too fast into the corner. Use your brakes thats what they are for and use them hard :D Get down to a decent speed and turn in..Smoothness is the key at driving fast, where you look on the track and using your brakes well.... Its hard to explain in a post :yes:

Im sure if you went out to this day and asked Blue32 or DSTROY to give you a few pointer

Im sure if you went out to this day and asked Blue32 or DSTROY to give you a few pointer

I'd be more than happy do help out :cool:

Here's a couple of pics from the last time i went out.

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

Great fun!!

Happy to help out with some driver pointers - you have to remember on a practice day with a day CAMS licence you will be in with the less seasoned track drivers - you can go as fast or slow as you feel comfortable. Passing under brakes or on corners is also prohibited, so you don't have to stress about being muscled out of the way.

Three legged GTR?

post-3189-1231483128_thumb.jpg

Nice Pics DSTROY !!

I just realised your car is basically a GTR :yes: Nice work!! Are you running Single Turbo on the 26??

Great that your willing to give pointers to the newbies.. Its scary on your first time out and you have no idea what the hell to do :cool:

I still dont haha Looks like there is loads of run off on the track except on the fish hook..The track looks so much like Wakefield

Blue32 do you take your car to the Tracks interstate??

Three legged GTR?

Thats Hawt!!!What corner is that on????

If your going that quick through corners your car should be in the middle of the ripple stripe straighting out the corner :yes:

I wish I had the guts to go that quick I have the car to do it in :cool:

Thats on turn 3 (immediately after pit straight). The track diagram doesn't do that corner justice, it is a lot sharper early on, then the radius drops rapidly. Gotta brake deep into it, then get on the noise as you apex :cool:

No interstate racing as yet, my job has me away from home 6 months of the year at the moment. Will be doing Dutton, maybe Classic Adelaide, and some track days interstate in the next couple of years though....