SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day

DSTROY

Yeah Andrew, I was looking at getting a Jun oil pump installed, but the engine in mine, since it's a 94 model, it won't suffer from the early model crank failure due to the different sized crank? I've heard of many oil pump failures in pre 1992 GTR's?

But still... I wouldn't mind installing a Jun item just for the piece of mind... but taking out the crossmember, etc is massive in labour! And as you said, it's like a snowball effect after that lol.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The late model cranks are certainly better with the full width oil pump drive, and this will definately ensure your pump lasts longer, but ultimately it is the strength of the oil pump gear which lets you down. Also harmonic vibration through the crank doesn't help the standard pumps out, an aftermarket balancer will help to minimise the effects of this. In your application, I wouldn't be too concerned about your oil pump expiring unless you spend time on the rev limiter.

Cool ok that answers that for me. I'll get them to chuck it on next time I get my car serviced.

Gonna get power steering, hicas, brakes and radiator all flushed out, all filters replaced and all valves cleaned. Gonna be a little smoother I reckon once done

-D

I have an N1 water pump in my car also, never had a temperature issue at all even on the track running flat out lap after lap. I also have the oil over filled all the time and never had a problem at lala even running 230kw.

daaaammm id be sooo keen if i had my tx3 still. took it out to lala once, was a great exp.

not so keen on taking an auto car to a race track lol. it shits me driving through hills as I cant use the gears properly, cant imagine it being any better on the track.

keen as anything to take the 200 out there, but i need to mod my seat rails before i do that, throw a helmet on my head and id be forced to cruise around with my head cocked to the side...

but if i can get a few things done before then, ill be there.

Yah id love to come, maybe later on in the year. Had a run through the hills on the weekend after installing the new boost controller. At only 10psi up the real hilly sections going full tilt she was getting a little hotter then normal. On half way where usually only gets mac inbetween a quarter and half. Car is fairly stock only POD and standard GTS-t intercooler. So yah Ill wait get my front mount then be keen as to give her a good stretch of the old legs :down::P

keen as anything to take the 200 out there, but i need to mod my seat rails before i do that, throw a helmet on my head and id be forced to cruise around with my head cocked to the side...

but if i can get a few things done before then, ill be there.

I need to do the same! Stupid sunroof. What's the easiest way to lower the seat? Can u just get different rails or will I need to get a racing seat?

Me and my mate are keen as to go out and are trying to get our cars sorted for the track.

ill come out...

i have a fair standard rb25 with turbo, afm, injectors, fmic, exhaust, pfc..

will i need anything to help me get through the day??

oil cooler, relocation kit?

cheers

oil cooler is nice to have but not essential at your level. Just check all your consumables - brake pads, fluids etc and bring fuel :-) my beast uses almost 2 litres per lap hehehe

oil cooler is nice to have but not essential at your level. Just check all your consumables - brake pads, fluids etc and bring fuel :-) my beast uses almost 2 litres per lap hehehe

I think im gonna take a spare set of pads with me this time and i'll go get another jerry can so i have 2, im pretty sure i'll use a lot of fuel this time.

good stuff! i can't make it to this one but atleast i know there's a high chance of more lala days like this later on when i'm not so dependant on my car!

Edited by nos man