SAU Community

Places In Sa To Buy E85

Fishpaste~

Do you roughly know if you would be using the same amount of money taking into the consideration with the cost of 98RON and running E85 if you know what I am saying?

I assume Donnan can remap the injectors into the fuelmap on the standard ECU?

I'm thinking this is too much of a headcase for my liking lol :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you roughly know if you would be using the same amount of money taking into the consideration with the cost of 98RON and running E85 if you know what I am saying?

I assume Donnan can remap the injectors into the fuelmap on the standard ECU?

I'm thinking this is too much of a headcase for my liking lol :(

He might do, however I believe Mr Donnon tends to favour the Apexi PowerFC and might recommend u buy one ;P

I do know for a fact that if you want to remap a stock 32 ecu that extensively, you'll need to buy the nisstune eeprom addon ($200 for software, $220 for the installation and chip and around $80 for a consult cable) but its the most regency friendly ecu that you can use (without hiding a pfc in a stock nissan ecu housing that is ;P)... its much cheaper to get nisstune addon rather than the pfc, and there are many places that can dynotune it, morpowa, horsepower in a box, boostworks etc

Standard ECU can probably take other injectors provided they are the same latency and impedance. Provided they meet that criteria, all a tuner would need to do is lower the duty cycle of a big injector to tune it for e85, that said the nisstune/pfc will allow you to correct latency - still need low impedance injectors as far as I know, tho I'm no expert on these matters...

Regarding price - you'll be paying more as the volume loss is around 30% but you only get around 10-15% cheaper price per litre, so you'll be paying more and drinking it more BUT its cheap power and environmentally friendly (as far as performance vehicles are concerned - if you love mother nature that badly, walk)

-D

also E85 has a lower detonation factor meaning it is harder for your engine to knock

or another way of putting it the fuel is kinder to your internals

E85 has 108 ron rating ( best e85 is made from hemp) Yes hemp 115 ron

Source

also E85 has a lower detonation factor meaning it is harder for your engine to knock

or another way of putting it the fuel is kinder to your internals

Source

yeah, its kinder on the engine, the environment, not kind on the wallet - only marginally more expensive, but when you gain the 50kw odd that e85 gives you, some people (like me) would definately go for it :(

Good for street cars that can refill a lot, not so great for tarmac rally, targa or circuit due to the extra fuel changes required... they use pretty good fuel in racecars as it is, but the e85 is going to help a lot of people with emissions test over the next few years - but only if they can get more stations selling e85... it seems a logical alternative

one thing that always baffled me tho, is why we havent promoted lpg more. we have a huge proportion of supplies for lpg naturally, sure its not great for every application (and suffers from the same density loss as e85) but its something that would make fiscal and military sense - why not be self sufficient for the majority of the countries transport? means people are less affected by global economic fluctuation, and in times of war makes the country not rely on deliveries ... (sure it does paint a big 'kick me in the nuts' sign over any refinery, but thems the breaks)

same deal with nuclear power. nuclear power rocks.

-D