SAU Community

R33 Gtr Viabration

hey hey,

i recently installed a nismo twin plate clutch into my 33gtr - i also changed all fluids in diffs, transfer, transmission and attessa fluid. the clutch kit came with the clutch, lightened flywheel, release bearing and some other things.

since it has been changed i have noticed a small viabration - most noticeable when doing speeds over 100.

there are also a couple of other symptoms

- when i turn the car off, every time or second time the car will viabrate as the engine stops

- the rear vision mirror viabrates alot when on the freeway, usually to the extent that i cant make out the car behind me in the mirror

- when the rear vision mirror is viabrating, and i push the clutch pedal in for about 5 seconds, the viabration stops

- i can feel a viabration in the car through my seat - probobly not noticable to others but i know the car

i have a thought that it is a balancing problem, which isnt noticeable unless the drivtrain is operating at a high rotationary speed (i.e. over 100) - but not really sure as i thought the nismo gear would have come balanced??

can someone shed some light on this issue? ive asked the mechanics theyre not 2 sure what it is so thought i would give them some ideas when i take the car back to them

thanks

i have the exact same problem on my car right after i got my clutch installed (apart from the vibration going away after 5seconds clutch press,will try tomorrow)

Mechanic blames suspension, suspension shop blames mechanic....

Does the vibration go away after 120km/h?

I've had this problem for the last 6months...

Deciding to change the shocks/springs and see if it fixes the problem.

My mechanic balanced the tailshaft which fixed the problem slightly.

Although it doesnt hurt to get a wheel balance/alignment done. Will set you back $100 and then you will know its not suspension related.

Keep us updated on the problem

hey mate, yeh we marked the tailshaft.

yeh its not a suspension/wheel related viabration - like i said i know the car and despite it having some of those this is definately a new one.

as for the 120kmh - it becomes more noticeable the faster you go.

by the way, if ur car got the problem right after you got the clutch installed then its clutch related. dont go piss your money in the wind on shocks and springs just because ur mechanics a lazy bastard and cant be bother checking the job.

thanks