SAU Community

New Pc Build

BigDirtyJase

Do you have any other 22" to compare too?

im in the market for a 22" myself and there is SO much to choose from its probably the hardest thing ive had to decide on

I know how you feel with the monitor choices.

After a lot of research and this thread on whirlpool convinced me the Benq E2200HD was the choice, but the best part it was only $233 at MSY (3-4 weeks ago)

30 pages!!!!!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1106845

this at full naive resolution 1950x1080 and can still read text fine

post-36493-1234854015_thumb.jpg

Hmm..22" monitors were a choice for me when I went to looking for my PC

I ended up getting a ASUS VW222U. It's max res is only 1680x1050 (thus making a 16:10 screen layout) but the colours are excellent. You get a little bit of light leakage at the top and bottom of the screen...it's only seen in black screens.

The BenQ screen is very nice - onboard HDMI port full 1080p res - As I mentioned earlier, I got this for my friends PC, the only thing I have to do is adjust the settings to make it full screen at 1080p (currently there is a big black border around) - Peter how did you get it at full screen (i didn't have any time to adjust the settings)

I know how you feel with the monitor choices.

After a lot of research and this thread on whirlpool convinced me the Benq E2200HD was the choice, but the best part it was only $233 at MSY (3-4 weeks ago)

30 pages!!!!!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1106845

this at full naive resolution 1950x1080 and can still read text fine

This one dude???

21.5" it says on thier jibwah :)

21.5 “ 2ms HD WS Benq E2200HD Full HD “NSW,QLD,SA,WA” $238

Hmm..22" monitors were a choice for me when I went to looking for my PC

I ended up getting a ASUS VW222U. It's max res is only 1680x1050 (thus making a 16:10 screen layout) but the colours are excellent. You get a little bit of light leakage at the top and bottom of the screen...it's only seen in black screens.

The BenQ screen is very nice - onboard HDMI port full 1080p res - As I mentioned earlier, I got this for my friends PC, the only thing I have to do is adjust the settings to make it full screen at 1080p (currently there is a big black border around) - Peter how did you get it at full screen (i didn't have any time to adjust the settings)

When i first got mind it had bleeding too, but i have really taken notice of it since.

I came from a dieing 19in CRT and was very impressed

I adjusted the resolution using the my GPUs ATI software.

R31Nismoid - yep, that's the one, come on .5in........ :D

Peter how did you get it at full screen (i didn't have any time to adjust the settings)

I just checked the monitor

On the side controls

Advanced- Display mode - select Full Screen

I have an Asus MK241H (24inch) 1920x1200, 2ms, built in mic/webcam and HDMI input for my ps3, I love it. Tho it did cost a bit, I can't fault it.

Most of the rest of my PC is Asus.

Scorpion tech computers in Melbourne have competitive prices aswell.

Oh and Antec 900 case is cool too.

The Scorp Tech PC's when a mate was pricing them up, i could build easily for a good 30% saving :blush:

On setup i could have saved over 1.5k :D

They are like most systems really, if you cant build your own, you pay a fairly reasonable premium

I just started building a new PC - got the Antec Nine Hundred - its hot! added two extra 120mm antec tri-cool fans with blue lights and got a purple neon stick coming in on monday... the rest of the computer will be fairly straight forward - Quad Core, 4GB DDR2 1066, 9800GTX...

Biggest pain is deciding on a monitor - got to pick something that I'm not going to be iffy on since I'll be staring at the thing for the next few years or so.