SAU Community

Double Din Install

Hey Guys,

ok, i want to get the facts straight here..... half of the people tell me i cant do this, then the other half tell me not to listen and say i can do it.....

instead of ordering a new facia kit, one installer has told me he can cut out the existing bose system and make enough room for the double dinn.....

whats the go??

find another installer!

The easiest way is to get the correct panel and the correct AC controller and a pocket if you need one. the rest - bracket and top pocket/screen will carry over. if you like I can post images of the rear circuit board that covers the ENTIRE panel to prove otherwise. I will add to that the radio powers that panel.

you can do it yourself. But you just have to be patience with all the panel it needed to be removed. It'll take nearly 2 hours for me to install it myself.

But if you don't have the time then ask an installer to install it for you.

DON'T cut out the existing bose. It'll make it look stupid and your AC controller won't work.

You have no choice to get the Genuine Facia or get the Metra kit from USA, which fit nicer, but crappier AC buttons and cheaper too.

cheers

Hello Guys...

Aeropro I believe sell this facia kit also. Has anyone been able to install the aerpro kit as per below?

I approached Autobarn to see if I can get one ordered in...costs about $500 and I believe it will retain the functionality of the A/C, however I haven't had the chance to get one yet as I am still deciding on what headunit/stereo setup I want.

FP997604left_grey.gif

FP997604.jpgNISSAN SKYLINE V35 350GT 03-04 (Infinity G35)

Replaces Entire Climate Control Panel and retains Full Functionality Of The HVAC System. Metra's patented quick release, snap-in, ISO mount system with a custom trim ring. Recessed DIN opening. Removable oversized storage pocket with built in radio supports. Also includes parts for installation of double-DIN radios or two single-DIN radios Painted to match factory color and texture Custom design allows retention of factory air vents in their original location Comprehensive instruction manual including step by step disassembly and assembly Includes all necessary hardware for a complete installation Contoured and textured to match factory dash

how to get the OEM double din kit? Chris, do u hv stock?

I just got my car.. dont like the audio... Can we connect aftermarket headunit to the original bose speaker and amp? Is what Chris said: "AC controller,panel, bose interface leads. all up a $900 exercise," the option tat i m looking for?

Thanks for this great forum... so much helpful people around~

I do have stock - want?

if so EXACT spec of your car. IE: A/C control,navi,bose?

actually fire me a chassis number. I'll do it that way.

here is it located? i can find vin, engine... but where is chassis?

will ask tomolo and pm u then~ Your $900 including install or??

VIN will do. take a photo of your drivers strut tower. the build plate is there and it will give me all I need.

$900 would cover the bits to make all of this work. you are not in brissy are you? (I travel but only if I haev 3-4 things to do in a city.) cost could well change based on the spec of your car (could be lower.)

I am in melb... *^@#$^&%

Will check the numbers tomolo, and pm u..

VIN will do. take a photo of your drivers strut tower. the build plate is there and it will give me all I need.

$900 would cover the bits to make all of this work. you are not in brissy are you? (I travel but only if I haev 3-4 things to do in a city.) cost could well change based on the spec of your car (could be lower.)