SAU Community

R34 Gtr V Spec Over Heating

r34vspec

From memory thats seems fine on a hot day as my car can get to those temps too. + it depends if you run your A/C or driving up a hill, anything that requires the car to be rev'd alittle harder with effect the temps. Again its normal.

Normal crusing temps are just under 90 degrees.

From my understanding, the R34 GTR's seem to hold quite a consistant temp, even with a bit of a fang.

My friend Tim GTR on SAU has a R34 GTR V-Spec, I took it out for a run, hammered it down the straight and a few corners, then check the MFD with the oil and water temps and they seem stable and yes within that range from about 91 to 98, I think it sat at about 93 degrees C.

What engine oil you using?

motul 300v

So yeah your using the very good oils and fluids which is fine.

Other then the radiator flush (which you have done), the only other thing I can suggest you get check out by your mechanic is your water pump... But should be fine still...

If anyone else can recommend anything, please do.

Overall I think you just pushed it quite hard and the harder you push the car the higher the temps go, again normal.

So nothing to worry about.

How about you take your car out tonight when its a lot cooler, give it a bit of a 'fang' and check the temps again... Atmospharic temps can effect the car too.

it could be one of the 'cold region' GTR's. My 33 was one also (it actually said it in the FAST details), and I needed to change the thermostat and it brought it right down to running normal at between 78 and 82 degrees, on a fang, up to 85 degrees water.

Not sure about the oil at the moment as my apexi gauge is playing up and reading like 120 to 140 at the moment, but when working properly I never saw it over 90ish. The dash gauge sits at roughly 80 to 90 all the time but does move. (I know the Apexi is messing around because it hits 60 straight away upon start up and about 120 within 5 mins of driving where as the dash gauge has just started to move at that point)

Edited by R33GTRKid

• 2 weeks later...