SAU Community

Pga 6th Annual Gor Cruise - Saturday 7th Of March

llama_au

The Pulsar Group of Australia extend an invite to SAU members to attend our annual Great Ocean Road cruise. This year we are using this cruise as a fund raising event to raise money for the Red Cross Bushfire Fund.

We will be asking for a gold coin donation for maps/directions, we will also be selling raffle tickets on the day for prizes which will later be announced. There will be a sausage sizzle and drinks for sale in Apollo bay.

So please come out and support this cause and have a great cruise. You are welcome to bring any mates you want to this cruise as it is open to anyone. The more people the better!

The 6th annual GOR cruise details are as follows, any questions please just ask. Also any ideas to make it better post them up and all will be taken into consideration.

MELBOURNE PULSAR GROUP 6th ANNUAL GOR CRUISE

When - Saturday 7th of march

Where - Meet points will be as follows

Eastern suburbs meet:

9.30am meet - 10.00am depart

Omnico Business Centre

near the corner of Ferntree Gully rd and Gardiner rd

(mel. Ref 70 E/F 8)

Western suburbs meet:

10.00am meet - 10.30am depart

Macca's on the Western Ring Road (EAST). The one heading in the Geelong direction!

(mel ref. 40 C5)

Northern suburbs meet:

9:45 meet 10:15 depart

Campbellfield Macca's on the Hume Hwy

(the one at the Mobile servo)

(mel ref. 7 F6)

East/West meet up

11am meet - 11:30am depart

The big Caltex servo at the end of the Princes Hwy where it joins the M1

Melway 408 C3

This is a big servo, please be aware of where you park and don’t block it off for truck use

*This meet point is to only get everyone together....once together we will get going again.

Geelong Meet

12.30pm meet - 1pm Depart

Bunnings Waurn Ponds (mel.464 K7)

It’s at the other end of Geelong this time as we are not going through Torquay

It’s just before the roundabout before Anglesea rd

The cruise is a little different to last years so please pay attention to the map

Lunch destination - Apollo Bay

(mel. Ref 511 B11)

About 2.30ish.

What to bring

-Yourselves, friends, family, pet rocks, etc. If anyone brings a pet (ie. dog) please make sure you have a good quality dog harness for the car. You don’t want any distractions whilst driving this road.

-Full tank of fuel (We don’t make unscheduled stops as people get lost or left behind)

-UHF radio if you have one

-Vomit bags for passengers

-Water or drink of some sort to keep you hydrated for the drive as well as some munchies if need be.

-Sunscreen

-Lots of cash to donate

Hope to see a lot of people out on this cruise as it’s our big one, any questions just ask.

I think its a great idea! .. im game!

crap i just checked the calender, i have work >.<! .. will be contributing to the bush fire appeal. I do it everytime i see a bucket or can :D

Its ok Jin

We have a Members GOR cruise coming up. and i know you have just paid your membership

so you will be able to see the details real soon..

Cheers.

Wayne.

More info:

This year the maps will be $5 donation. Those who have been to any cruises in previous years should be aware that we don't normally charge for maps.

In Apollo Bay we will be having a sausage sizzle

$2 for the basic

$2.50 with onion

$1.50 for a can of soft drink or water.

If you have any dietary requirements please let me know and we can organise something for you. (As long as it is reasonable!)

We would like to encourage anyone coming to try and buy from us as we are donating 100% towards the Bush Fire Appeal and there will be plenty!

We will also be holding a raffle to be drawn in Apollo Bay over lunch.

Tickets will be $2 each, 3 for $5

All prizes have been donated by businesses and members and prizes will be announced closer to the date (we have got a v8 supercar team and many members donating awesome prizes.)

You may buy tickets and maps at each meet point with the main re-group being in Geelong.

Also, I realise there's a month between the two cruises so I encourage anyone who can make both to try. It will be worth it :D

Its ok Jin

We have a Members GOR cruise coming up. and i know you have just paid your membership

so you will be able to see the details real soon..

Cheers.

Wayne.

Oh great!

Really looking forward to having a chat with you Wayne.

I need to PM Kaz and ask when can i get into the members only section.

Except i feel bad because i know she's busy with work and all.

Hey Jules, should probably add that some of the prizes for the raffle will include an 4GB I-pod Shuffle, Garry Rogers Motorsport team gear and other car related items.

There will also be an auction of some piece/s of Garry Rogers Motorsport V8 supercar, signed by the team. I believe a the crash leftovers of a rear diffuser and possibly a rear bar, still need to confirm what exactly we're getting.

North and west meet point times have changed:

Northern suburbs meet:

9:30am, Depart at 10:00 sharp

Campbellfield Macca's on the Hume Hwy

(the one at the Mobil servo)

(mel ref. 7 F6)

Western suburbs meet:

10:15am, Depart 10:40 sharp

Macca's on the Western Ring Road (EAST). The one heading in the Geelong direction!

(mel ref. 40 C5)

If you miss people at these meet points, just head to the next one.