SAU Community

Window Problem

needs a new motor. $300 or so ex nissan.

how mechancal are you?

For all we know Chris, this guy could be the 6 million dollar man!!

(Bionic.....for the younger folk.. :P )

Hope you're well buddy.... :)

Bump!

I'm 37 I remember both shows.

reason I asked - if he's mechanical enough to pull the door down then he can change the motor himself. its mainly 10mm bolts (lots of them) that have to be removed.

failing that - take it to nissan and let them do it. the motor is a Z33 item and door (although SLIGHTLY different shape) is a Z33 as well. expect a $500 bill (inc motor) for that. to tear one down and reassemble is 1.5 hrs roughly. (thats what it takes me.)

I'm 37 I remember both shows.

reason I asked - if he's mechanical enough to pull the door down then he can change the motor himself. its mainly 10mm bolts (lots of them) that have to be removed.

failing that - take it to nissan and let them do it. the motor is a Z33 item and door (although SLIGHTLY different shape) is a Z33 as well. expect a $500 bill (inc motor) for that. to tear one down and reassemble is 1.5 hrs roughly. (thats what it takes me.)

yeah...I knew that you knew that I knew that too! :) ...er....yeah!

Though with the current exchange rate, Bionic Man is prolly 7 and a half buh..and the door motor about 6 mill. :P

Good advice mate.

someone is proud of their product. they are not that expensive. last one I bought new was $350 locally.

nidn you since its tore down I would also do the regulator as well. saves tearing it down again. the reg is the worst part of it.

give me a chassis number to work with and I'll pull a part number for you. there is a revison on that motor as well. looks like they fixed what broke in them.

Edited by Chris Rogers

Thanks guys! and Chris specially!

i got told yesterday, before i go purchase a new one, to open it up and clean out the surroundings of the buttons....anyhow will let you all know how i go.... if it doesnt work, i will just go to NISSAN and get a new motor...

I tried "reconditioning" mine first but I think the problem with them is something else. After cleaning it up it would work going down but didn't have enough strength to close the window. Just put in a newy, it's a new part number so hopefully you won't have the same problem.

1.5 hours is reasonable I think if you stay focussed. 4 hours? you must of had a few beer brakes

Edited by Blitz_boy

someone post a shot of the inner door and I'll do a point and explain.

stephen,

never looked at the FSM for this thing. I dare say its 4 hrs from dry though. (to do a doot lock actuator does take longer - thats a BITCH to do!)

Oh, yes maybe I was thinking door lock actuators... not window winder.

Anyway, I still take my time, hate doing things twice, bescause I didn't locktite something, or adjust it, clean or polish it.

As for Beer "Brake" (sic), nope never during... just a Bourbon as I finish the job.

So Chris, the first one you did would be 4 hrs would it? It is just you have experience now though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys.

Ever had a problem with the windows moving while driving at high speeds (110kmh+)

My windows shift up and down when go over a bump or past a road train. The "open doors light" comes on aswell as the door lights and interior light.

Any ideas?

I think i might be to do with some sensor thats a bit touchy.

• 1 month later...