SAU Community

Sau Deca Feb 09 Wrap Up

evade

Yeah consistance wins DECA. This will always be the case. If your fast, but hit hats then you almost can't win against a slower, but consistant compedator.

If we would have had another say two events I might have been able to claw back the other 6 points to catch ryan. But with a single day event you need to drive clean to win.

Not that i'm complaining, i'm happy to see ryan win DECA. It would be boring if the one person always won.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd Also like to acknowledge Che Boocock, Tom Giordano and Russell Cunningham. You all drove well to beat some faster cars and a fair few 4WD cars.

Also Tim did very well considering Mick broke his car and he had a one DNS. To still get 9th outright is great.

cheers for the results guys,

Happy with 9th overall condiering mick broke my car, and last run i drove an understeer king for the 1st time ( r32gtr)

that was an experiance.....

Grats to ryan , RWD represent. Really happy for you mate

cheers

Congrats Ryan!!!!

It's good to see the 4wd's kicked off the pedestal.

Top effort Che!!

I'm proof that power does not achieve better results. In fact the more power i have the worse i get; In the first year of DECA i came 4th overall, since then it has been spin-outs and burnouts :bunny:

Good work ryan!

Al, I think the first DECA I did was probably the best one because I just drove properly..instead of trying to get the arse end out whenever I can! Although It might be time to try and find a good balance between the two and get some good times down. Next time.

Good work ryan!

Al, I think the first DECA I did was probably the best one because I just drove properly..instead of trying to get the arse end out whenever I can! Although It might be time to try and find a good balance between the two and get some good times down. Next time.

And fun :)

Exactly!

I treat DECA as a fun/drift/thrash day.

It was my intention to do this DECA properly, i even left my new, $660, 400km old, tyres on the rear; but as soon as i went "WD" on the first run (because someone made me go first), i said fark it. Then just wanted to do what i do best!

Thanks guys.

Its cool to see out of the top 5, 4 were RWD. Two of them being Dean and Jamie's Porkas... those things were damn fast. Congrats to Jamie on the fasted back track time. would like to see what they could get around HH.

Standouts to Che and Tom for sure! Russ, considering you spun like 10 times im keen to see what you would have got if you kept it clean!

dang! 5th is a surprise :)

thanks for organising the results guys and well done to everyone that competed

Don't you mean 4th. Well done.

Dean Taylor Porsche 484

Che Boocock R33GTST 484

Thanks to the organisers and volunteers for running a great event. Its great to see so many rwds near the top of the results sheet, and I'm really surprised by my result.

Hopefully Dean and Jamie can bring the Porsches again in the future, it was good to see something a bit different out there, and they were very quick.

bah, let them have their class. when one of them finally puts some sticky tyres on they should clean up. its been done before by an integra. he smash out the quick times, couldnt do much else :)