SAU Community

New Budget Motorsport Coming To Adelaide

GROWLY CUSTOM CNC

yeah cheers for that i might have to go and reclaim my old super sedan full space frame chassis rb 30 turbo with motec quick change diff and a fibraglass eh holden body on it .

its just sitting in a paddock now might do for starters

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Deano, one Dud Lambert was dangerous enough out there back in the day......last thing we need is another old fart trying to set himself on fire :D:D;)

On a serious note, I actually think that you should resurrect the ole girl. :D

lol at dud i used to see him and his mrs setting up there picknick table and laying out the table cloth and the silver where eating there tea in the pits i saw him try and supercharge a vw engine for his speedcar it made 50 hp on the engine dyno before blowing up no scat parts uset there lol.

my old eh chassis was made by john crowhurst i had a fair bit of succsess in that car over the yrs

• 1 month later...

ROAD TRIP TO PT PIRIE-3RD MAY

If anyone from Adelaide is interested in attending the next Pt Pirie race meeting an the 3rd of May (next Sunday) please call or Pm me. We will meet at the Bolivar Caltex service station from 7:45 am and depart at 8:15 am. Entry fee to the track is $6 for Adults and $3 concession, children under 14 are free. If you need a rule book they can be purchased on the day for $10. Although it is late notice I would encourage anyone that are currently building or thinking about building a car to make the trip.

Please support our new Dirt circuit club :-

The best way to do this is to visit this link and show your support. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will go along way to attract a large a field of cars to our open day in August.

http://www.dirtcircuitsa.com/index.php?showtopic=1022

Thanks

Matt Stirling :- 0447739992

Edited by GROWLY CUSTOM CNC

Here's a few pics from a recent round of the state titals at Arno Bay. Over 100 cars entered and as you can see the the surface was well rubbered up resulting in some very fast racing.

Picture114.jpg

SERIES 2 RX7 :- MID MOUNTED, SPACE FRAME, WEILAND SUPERCHARGED, 350 CHEV & PONTIAC :- FIBRE GLASS SHELL, SPACE FRAME, MID MOUNTED 1JZ, BIG SINGLE,WATER / ICE TO AIR INTERCOOLED ETC...

098.jpg

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THIS HYUNDI COUPE HAS BEEN FITTED WITH THE COMPLETE V8, AWD RUNNING GEAR FROM A HOLDEN ADVENTURER.

Picture074.jpg

BMW :- MID MOUNTED, MOTEC INJECTED 13B

modstitles3192640x480.jpg

NISSAN GTiR :- SEMI - SPACE FRAME FROM FIRE WALL BACK, FIBRE GLASS PANELS

aowtitles3229640x480.jpg

511 ci CHEV (our old engine)

Picture081.jpg

Picture099.jpg

aowtitles3152640x480.jpg

Picture100.jpg

aowtitles3155640x480.jpg

Picture090.jpg

065.jpg

Picture097.jpg

086.jpg

aowtitles3154640x480.jpg

095.jpg

modstitles3123640x480.jpg

aowtitles3149640x480.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys,

The rule books have arrived I will contact everyone who is interested in building a car next week. The track is progressing and we will have some serious testing of the track layout happening in the next few months. We expect top speeds of 140 + kph with the extension of the main straight. Its not overly quick compared with some other tracks but will be one of the most challenging with a mix of positive and negative camber corners on an undulating course.

Here's a few pictures of a teams event in Whyalla. The advantage of racing dirt circuit is the racing format can be constantly changed. Standard style races, Handicap racing

(reverse grid) or in the case of teams racing you have to work together to get your all team across the line in front of other teams. As you can imagine it offers spectators and drivers something completely different than your run of the mill motor sport.

awhyalla142640x480.jpg

awhyalla173640x480.jpg

awhyalla232640x480.jpg

awhyalla311640x480.jpg

oopswhyalla122640x480.jpg

oopswhyalla187640x480.jpg

oopswhyalla378640x480.jpg

sweet pics, they need to run a figure 8 race track like destruction derby :P

do they supply googles so you can actually see without getting dirt in your eyes :O

Spectators don't wear too much dirt . Drivers on the other hand don't see too much and on really wet days you spend most of the time being a passenger. I usually go Thru 10 tear offs on my visor,and tear off on my goggles by the second lap in conditions in the pictures below, the last resort is closing your eyes or covering your face with a rag and occasionally peering out the side to make sure you are still on the track.

owwhyalla-racing141.jpg

owwhyalla-racing233.jpg

oopswhyalla-racing159.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Picture213.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well ive gone and done it :-) hopefully my new car rocks up sometime this week it's a full space frame ex speedway super sedan with a quick change diff and fith arm set up . coil overs all round .

just going to use a old 308 v8 with a turbo 350 trans for the time been as i have one here .

currently has a full fibreglass vs commy body on it atm thats a bit rough funds allowing i may order a new fibreglass ve commy body will post some pics when it's home in the shed .

ps sled no more dud jokes lol i was speaking the too him the other day he looks good for his age well into the 80's

cheers midlife crisis

ps sled no more dud jokes lol i was speaking the too him the other day he looks good for his age well into the 80's

cheers midlife crisis

Can't believe the old bugger is still alive....he had 9 lives on the track, lol!!

Good on ya for getting back into it Deano....will definitely try to come out when you run her so make sure you give us a hoy........like old times aye!!

PS: The truck can pull just about anything....it's not a speedway push car (like the Adelaide Engine Ute) but if I don't have much on at the time, I'm happy to help out with any towing that you may need to get there.

Hey Matt,

I actually met you at a Charity Cruise starting at Ingle Farm last year - you brought your legnum to the start but parked it over near the shops and I introduced myself :P

Street stock sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm thinking a cheap/banged up EB/ED Falcon 5sp would be a whole lota fun for very minimal outlay.

Is injection allowed in street stock? - It mentions 350cfm carbs, and I was thinking a mild 250 Cortina would be a hoot for about $2-3k total build.

If injection was allowed then yeah a stripped EB/ED would be on the money I'd reckon. Open exhaust, HD clutch and race!

Is injection allowed in street stock? - It mentions 350cfm carbs, and I was thinking a mild 250 Cortina would be a hoot for about $2-3k total build.

If injection was allowed then yeah a stripped EB/ED would be on the money I'd reckon. Open exhaust, HD clutch and race!

At the moment fuel injected cars run in modified saloons but there will be a new standard class next year that includes vn - vt commodores and the equivalent falcons. There has been a fair bit of interest in this new class and we will be definitely running this category at the new track. If you are keen to build a car we can currently supply the steel for the roll cage for approx $170.

Cheers Matt

Hey Dean I thought I would post some info on a new car. away from the DC site (it's been kept quite for the moment).

The light weight open wheeler chassis we had for sale should be racing at the Black Rock State titles. It will hopefully weigh about 500kg and make 350 hp + using two engines. Or an approximate power to weight of having 1000 hp in a steel body commodore. Sounds insane. Our semi finished 900 kg - 400hp open wheeler looks fairly tame now.

Hey Dean I thought I would post some info on a new car. away from the DC site (it's been kept quite for the moment).

The light weight open wheeler chassis we had for sale should be racing at the Black Rock State titles. It will hopefully weigh about 500kg and make 350 hp + using two engines. Or an approximate power to weight of having 1000 hp in a steel body commodore. Sounds insane. Our 900 kg - 400hp open wheeler looks fairly tame now.

was that the orange frame one ? mmm 2 hyabusa engines i bet ..

check this car out and the vid link i bet it would make a great dirt circuit car

http://stzautomotive.com.au/2009/03/outlaw...ay-super-sedan/