SAU Community

Skylines in movies

Originally posted by rrrage

I'm just downloading Initial D 1st stage - 1 and 2... Can someone tell me what a Hachi-Roku is??? Is it just a celica ?

hachi-roku in japanese means 86

its a nickname for the toyota corolla ae86 trueno

its the car in my avatar

Originally posted by 25det

AE-86 Toyota Sprinter is what we call it here i think, everyone in jap loves them coz they r cheap n supposedly make a good drift car???

they love them.. but they are definitley not cheap..

ur looking atleast about 15k for a 1985 model... and 17k for a done up 1986 model..

because of their cult car status in japan.. they are very expensive to buy and import

Ahhh thnx... just finished the dl and it has a list of what all the cars are :P and it also has "Papa = older men sometimes pay young girls to be with them. The girl usually refers to the man as "Papa"" :blah:

86's may have been cheap when they were new, a long time ago, but now they have acquired almost cult status and price tags to match. Perhaps the original drfiters car of choice. They're pretty powerful, easily modded and make excellent drift machines.

It's getting very hard to find good example now though, most have led a hard life, but there is a few good ones out there I'm sure...

re thread topic...

there is an ad out at the moment in the cinemas by TAC (called TAC mockingbirds). i wasn't listening to it, bt it has a yellow R33 in it a numbr of times and at the end the rear end of the 33 is very porminant

we are showing it at the start of tomb raider as i expect most cinemas will have to do as well

• 1 month later...
There is a movie Jackie Chan made recently in Hong Kong which features a black R33, don't know the movie's name or if the skyline was a GTS-T or GT-R

Anyone seen this movie?

If thats the one where Jackie Chan chases the r33 with the silver fto at the start then I think your referring to Thunderbolt. Quite sure it was a gtr as it had the gtr spoiler. Cheers