SAU Community

Quality Of Parts And Dependable Service From Jsai?

This is not an argument about accuracy of hub vs chassis, or using silly comparo's of N1 turbos (which use different wheels, so therefore totally irrelevant)

Like i said, when you run the MPH (or any stock turbo GTR for that matter) that will equate to 300rwkw... ill eat my words.

But... The fact is you wont run at the strip, wouldn't run the MPH to back it up (which is probably the reason you wont run it), says it all at the end of the day.

UR a clown, thats all it is.

haha, What are you worried about the result, of a rolling dyno as i posted above might get a similar power to a hub? Falling back on me going to the strip?? That is you whole point from the start, dont go and start changing it and falling back on the strip

1 - Other people in rolling dynos have posted 300kw @ wheels on THIS forum using stock setup.

2 - There are 11sec GTRs on STOCK setup

3 - THat is the whole point about accuracy. Im saying hub dynos are more accurate and used widely and is passed on as "@ wheels" you are saying only a rolling dyno is (but as everyone knows, too many variables get in the way of a result) Why dont u hassel everyone else and say only way to measure power is on an engine dyno then?

4 - 1/4 doesnt interest me that much. That was early and mid 2000s. Frankly its for numb nuts. GTR wasnt made for drags and also If you get a 4wd controller and get the launch better you can get better times anyway. 60ft times on a GTR is not as great as an EVO (street tires) etc... So 1/4 doesnt prove jack. Look at R35, heavy as, "only" 500hp posting mid-low 11s. So i should be doing 10s then?? I havnt heard of street 300kw GTR doing 10s. Even a light RWD GTST making 300rwkw on street tires will have a hard time posting up 10s or 11s for that matter. So again, its all varied.

5 - You say stupid shit like "you cannot make any more power on cams with the same turbo size at same boost which = flow rate of turbos. Then try go back on ur words.

6 - Already shown you the hub dyno used on my car, R35 making 297kw @ wheels (hub) which is pretty dead accurate and is what rolling dynos are recording.

So yeah watever, im done with this thread. The only thing you have to fall back on is me running the strip... yeah good one. Why dont you start blabbing to everyone that the dyno readout is shit and say only tru power is getting it on an engine dyno? Or hassel a RWD 300kw gtst on street tires running low 11s?

Edited by Addicted2Boost

1. Thats nice

2. Im well aware of that, i know of a R32 GTR stock turbo's, 11.5... whats that got to do with me knowing you wont have the MPH to backup 300rwkw claims

3. Refer to last post, i said its not about hub vs chassis, why are you still going on about it?

4. Ah, here come the excuses :blink:

And FYI - a 300rwkw GTS-T will easily run 11's, 10s are possible with a good driver. Shows how little you know about power, MPH, ET. (which doesn't lie or make fanciful claims)

5. I never have gone back on my words. Again, quote the post where i have done this (twice ive asked now.)

6. Refer # 3

• 3 weeks later...
LOL, thats nice... perhaps you know alot to say something like "there is no way" instead of just enquiring to get more info.... The GTR.CO.UK guys never have questioned that power level for the mods... neither has infamos RIPS in NZ. Have you heard of ST HITEC? He is pretty much 'the' guy here in Auckland to take GTRs to. He done most of the work on my car. Dispite NZs low number in GTRs, everytime i go there he has atleast 2 GTRs hes working on. Also has had 2-3 R35 GTRs there already. He does a blog and tunes alot of cars. Even had a Lambo diablo V12... haha, but only made 250kw @ wheels.

I dont think the numbers are wrong at all, becuase the cars he tunes aswell as GTRs (EVOs, STIs, S2000) produce and corresponds to numbers that other people are reporting based on the mods. FYI, Speed magazine which i prefer over fast4s etc... had an article a few years back comparing EVO7, STI, and R34 GTR doing basic mods, all exhaust and ECU and the 34 made 271kw @ wheels. Funny enough, i made 270kw. Since then, ive done Apexi power filter in factory air box, modified the twin turbo outlet pipe (dyno proved in UK and in NZ to make 4-5kw @ wheels on factory setup) and added Tomei PonCams and adjustable tomei gears. Clutch never slipped at 270, and started to on my next stage of mods, so ended up having to get a NISMO twin plate with NISMO lightened flywheel etc...

An R33 GTR in the UK that has exactly the same mods as me is also making a tad over 300kw @ wheels with the above setup (using R34 turbos)....

Check his site out, interesting reading... if u dont mind the broken english haha.

http://www.sthitec.co.nz/

http://sthitec.blogspot.com/

a lamborghini with 250 kw at the wheels ???? must have been somethin wrong with it.

from 95 -2001 diable had 520hp - 550 hp (depending on model and year)

• 2 weeks later...

Any more info / views on JSAI? Looking to order a few bits from there, and I'm still further away (living in Sweden) than the OP is.

I noticed this thread went a fair bit off-topic, but I thought it more appropriate to revive it than start a new one.

Any more info / views on JSAI? Looking to order a few bits from there, and I'm still further away (living in Sweden) than the OP is.

I noticed this thread went a fair bit off-topic, but I thought it more appropriate to revive it than start a new one.

Hi Alex,

If you're in the loop with Josh (via E-mail) and IF HE HAS the parts you want, things usually progress quickly & smoothly without fuss.

He is reputed to pack things thoroughly too (compared to a few other bodyparts warehouses).

If HE DOESN'T HAVE your parts already made up, things can move very, very slowly.

I purchased Z-tune Nismo skirts and pods off him for my R34 GT-R. They had a smooth finish, are strong and they fitted perfectly.

The only downside was that the skirts are about 8mm short at one end.

Hope this helps,

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Alex,

If you're in the loop with Josh (via E-mail) and IF HE HAS the parts you want, things usually progress quickly & smoothly without fuss.

He is reputed to pack things thoroughly too (compared to a few other bodyparts warehouses).

If HE DOESN'T HAVE your parts already made up, things can move very, very slowly.

I purchased Z-tune Nismo skirts and pods off him for my R34 GT-R. They had a smooth finish, are strong and they fitted perfectly.

Hope this helps,

Terry

Terry mate,

Thanks for the reply.

I found an e-mail address off their website that I used, I don't know whether this is Josh's personal company address or not.

I sent an e-mail some time ago but I've not even received a message receipt, so I guess he's not very intent on selling.

/ Alex

Terry mate,

Thanks for the reply.

I found an e-mail address off their website that I used, I don't know whether this is Josh's personal company address or not.

I sent an e-mail some time ago but I've not even received a message receipt, so I guess he's not very intent on selling.

/ Alex

Yes Alex,

I can only assume that something has gone really 'wobbly' down at Taren Point :laugh:

Tez

• 4 months later...
Hi Alex,

Hope this helps,

Terry

Same Terry, my z tune sides were about 8mm short also (for my gtt) but all else was good and very well packed also.

Terry did you end up fixing the shortness? or just whacked it on as good as you could?

Julz

Edited by 1R34SON