SAU Community

Where Do I Run My Engine Breather Pipe To?

Where do i run my engine breather pipe to??

iv taken it to 2 machanics and one said run it to the inlet of the turbo?

other said run it to the to the intake pipe off the plenim?

Both are technically correct. Just depends which side of the engine needs breathing. Plenum side goes through the PCV valve, turbo side simply goes to the turbo intake.

Why is the breather disconnected anyway?

just had a intake plenum put on with an intercooleer put on and yeah its just breathing into atmosphere.

there is a hose that connects to the piping before the plenum and goes to the rear of the plenum can i just make a T peice and connect it up in the middle of the hose?

Both are technically correct. Just depends which side of the engine needs breathing. Plenum side goes through the PCV valve, turbo side simply goes to the turbo intake.

Why is the breather disconnected anyway?

BOV? WHAT?

HAHA id like to see you connect your breather to the intercooler pipe and see what happens lol.

Either connect it to the inlet of the turbo, or connect it to a catch can then the inlet of the turbo.

Connecting directly to the inlet of the turbo means oil build-up in your comp housing and cooler pipes at a rate depending on the health of your engine. A catch can is ideal, it will catch the oil from the air, preventing oil build up.

If youre unsure use the SEARCH button.

also running a dose pipe, afm connected to the intercooler...

so am i alright to run the breather pipe to the inlet of the turbo where the intercooler connects to the turbo???

thanks alex

also running a dose pipe, afm connected to the intercooler...

so am i alright to run the breather pipe to the inlet of the turbo where the intercooler connects to the turbo???

thanks alex

Where intercooler connects to the turbo would be the outlet of the turbo. inlet of the turbo is where the intake connects to it.