SAU Community

Rb30/r32 Powersteering Pump Problem

handyandy28

am putting together my rb30 using r32 skyline parts. From the manual i see you have to grind the lug down on the powersteering pump bracket so that it sits flush on the block have done this and bolted it all up. But when i had a test fit with the pully off the crank the pully on the crank does not line up with the powersttering pump pully?

Anyone got any ideas or pctures?

Had same problem, I got a mate to mill the bolt holes in the bracket so they are sloted by an extra 5mm. You could try to drill it but its a bit hard to make a seat for the bolt head.

• 1 month later...

How did you end up going with this? Your problems sounds really strange as the horizontal alignment is identical. If you didn't grind back the top lug all that would happen is the pump may require a different sized belt and the two bottom bolts wouldn't tighten up flush against the bracket. Its alignment with the balancer would not be changed.

Mine was no issues, I simply ground back the top lug on the r32 gtst power steer pump bracket and bolted it on to the rb30 block.

The Rb20/25/26's bolt the top bracket bolt hole to the head where as due to the additional 38mm odd rb30 block height you simply bolt the bracket to the block but this requires the protruding lug on the std rb20/25/26 bracket to be ground back flush.

I too noticed the rb30e power steer bracket looked like it would be suitable but didn't bother testing. :P

post-58245-1241176118_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheRogue

• 3 weeks later...

I used the factory one off my rb20de block and lined up fine, but had to use a 3 groove belt to fit on the pump as the crank pulley was a four groove. Other than that was a simple hack saw cut and bobs your uncle.