SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

Morning Mangs,

TFIT.

Northies are coming to visit tonight, so lets try not to park in the 15 minute car parks.

my dad will buy this....hes obsessed with turning off that little LED on any appliance....even if it means loosing all settings etc.......:domokun:

I just had to laugh at the marketing hype. It's an "ON/OFF" button - pretty sure monitors had them in the 90s.

German club is next week, not tonight :thumbsup:

ignition signal wouldn't be AFM I don't think, it could be coil packs yeah, or maybe a loom issue?

coil pack loom, have seen this exact issue in r34s a few times now.

LOL @ Samsung:

samsung.jpg

AN ON/OFF SWITCH!! AN AMAZING 0 WATTS!! WOW

Though that made me curious as to what a monitor actually draws.

This is an old dell 19" LCD under normal operation:

monitorONstatus.gif

~36W

Press the power button on the front (same thing that is on every monitor these days) and it goes to this

monitorOFFstatus.gif

0W

That could still be an immeasurably low current. But it's as good as ZERO.

Hard off makes no difference, unless your a douchebag ecomentalist.

Not sure what the issue was :) Chris is sorting it out and will no doubt let me know.

All I know is that there was a 2V power draw when the car was turned off. When we pulled the fuse for the GPS/Stero/LCD screen the draw disappeared. Power drain was killing my battery.

You need better equipment Dave (that's what she said)

Yeah but I CBF setting it up.

I just happened to have a Class 0.2 meter on the bench this morning, exactely the same meter that power stations use, things just dont get any more accurate. Only way to make that more accurate would be to use a really small CT and wrap the wire through multiple times.

I'd be interested to see how much a tv uses on standby...

varies wildly. Our Panasonic Plasma is meant to use .4 watts, it was actually using 22 and around 250 on average when going. A friends Samsung LED was using 178 watts and averaging around 220 when running! Needless to say it get turned off at the wall now.

We recently unplugged our bar fridge, changed some light bulbs, started turning the TV and computer and surround sound ect off at the wall and set the hot water system a bit lower and our power bill went down from around $600 per quarter to about $250. Anything with a transformer will be leaking power so switch those suckers off at the wall and save money!

thanks again for the hospitalities last night guys :thumbsup:, was a nice drive back too. heading out past the towong cemetary and up No. 5 beats the hell out of driving up the main road and down the ICB, milton road etc.

and wholy crap 600 dollar power bill?? geebus that sounds a bit painful. and a good effort to knock it down to 250's

Hey guys

How was ice-cream :D ?

Thinking about taking my car back to the mechanic to check out this sound which wasn't there before 100km service, and now it is. But before I do, thought I'd make sure I'm not just being a picky bastard and see if you guys think this is acceptable/normal.

http://mezmamedia.co...kyline_sound_1/

Edit: need to wait a good 10 or 15 seconds around there.

Edited by wilorichie

Morning Mangs,

TFIF.

thanks again for the hospitalities last night guys :thumbsup:,

Welcome! Thanks for coming.

was a nice drive back too. heading out past the towong cemetary and up No. 5 beats the hell out of driving up the main road and down the ICB, milton road etc.

Yeah thats the way I go.

Hey guys

Ikes Cream was good!

Will listen to your noise at home, if I remember :P

Hey guys

Thinking about taking my car back to the mechanic to check out this sound which wasn't there before 100km service, and now it is. But before I do, thought I'd make sure I'm not just being a picky bastard and see if you guys think this is acceptable/normal.

http://mezmamedia.co...kyline_sound_1/

Edit: need to wait a good 10 or 15 seconds around there.

Sounds like it has something to do with timing belt/pulley area. mine has a sound like rubbing under 2000tpm from cam cover but it isnt rubbing. been there for 18months lol