SAU Community

just bought R33 wheres my battery!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha - if thes0pranos point of view applied to everyone we would have a funny world. My dads been in the auto industry for close on 40 years now... and I can tell you he wouldnt be able to find the battery even if i told him where it was....

I'm an auto electrician and it took me 10 minutes to find the battery in an A class mercedes, it was under the drivers carpet mat!! Mind you it then took me fifteen minutes to fit the tracking system so i had a win there. My boss gave up after 5 min and said "that's what i pay you for".

nice, havent seen those kits, but 0 guage is what i had to replace the wire in my 33 from the batery!! hard to find plus esxpensive to get connectors but if it is a kit it's all good!!!

Originally posted by zymotic

I also notice that when the car is idling it seems to oscillate the revs till it finds a nice idle ie round 700rpm. Mostly the first time you stop at lights for eg.

the 'oscillating' is cause by the car nearly stalling, then the 'anti-stall' kicking in and injecting more petrol to prevent it! It takes the ECU a second or two to get it's head around the situation and even out the revs!

I had the same problem and my car would occassionally stall!

All I did was turn up the idle a bit and it works fine now... nothing outrages, just enough to stop it 'hunting' up and down the rev range!