SAU Community

just bought R33 wheres my battery!!!

Hi all,

I'm just not used to this level of tech.

I'd like to reset my ECU but am not 100%

on the location of the battery.

IE when i open the bonnet I'm pretty certain its the black boc where a bunch of fuses seem to be just behid the window washer container.

I'm assuming that I would just disconnect both the red terminals on the side closest to the engine and that would disconnect the battery?

Please pity and help the skyline noob :uh-huh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap! Is this thing a car or a spaceship. I'm truly impressed this car is 8 years old.

Be lucky to get air con in a 8 year old Holden.

Whats that thing above the battery with all the wires comin out?

Thanks a heap for help - I need it

when you disconnect the battery, I would recommend you only take off the negative lead (black one with a "-" on the battery). I've heard that sometimes if you take the positive line off, and have bad connections somewhere in the car, then reconnect it it can blow fuses and even more important things like stereo, ECU, etc...

Just a suggestion, could be wrong...

I see the question "where's the battery?" and i think to myself.....

WHAT THE F^%K???????????

Mate....if you dont know where a battery is.....just give up now. Don't even bother attempting to drive that thing, coz it ain't for you.

There's your answer to where the battery is.

Hey thes0pranos

Nice one ... How about helping others out instead of bagging them - this forum is about cars and sharing information - not being a knob !

yeah that's harsh.

on another note, the battery in the back is a hinderance and i presume is only cos they couldn't fit it in the front. because the battery is in the back, you can't fold down the rear seats like in an S15 (or in pretty much any other given car) which really kills the ability to move anything large.

Originally posted by thes0pranos

WHAT THE F^%K???????????

Mate....if you dont know where a battery is.....just give up now.  Don't even bother attempting to drive that thing, coz it ain't for you.  

Hey dude,

unless u can honestly say u know of every nut and bolt in a skyline, dont go ard blasting others abt what they dont know.

Im pretty sure you wouldnt like such a reply if u posted a question abt sumthing u didnt know either.....

Originally posted by thes0pranos

WHAT THE F^%K???????????

Mate....if you dont know where a battery is.....just give up now.  Don't even bother attempting to drive that thing, coz it ain't for you.  

Don't be a tool, thanks for stopping by don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...

Well done Squizz, couldn't have said it better myself...

On another note:

The reason for only disconnecting the negative terminal is because if a spark does occur when you are reconnecting (due to some sort of fault discharge), the spark will occur on the ground side of devices (eg ecu), not on the positive.

This means that a discharge will flow from the device to a solid earth as opposed to a positive terminal disconnection where the fault occurs from the + terminal through the device.

Hope this makes sense, I read that somewhere...

Thanks for the info Baboon.

Not sure about any differences yet. After I first start my car is goes to about 1200rpm then settles itself down, even when hot outside. I think this is normal though.

I also notice that when the car is idling it seems to ossilate the revs till it finds a nice idle ie round 700rpm. Mostly the first time you stop at lights for eg.

I have noticed that I drove from Chermside (Northside Bris) to Lismore (NE NSW) on about 1/2 tank - I thought that was pretty good.

As far as i can tell the engine is in nice tune the engine is quiet, no leaks and the exhaust is a nice black. The car seems to rev out freely with no flat spots noticeable. Although I havent taken it to its limit yet - been wet in Bris lately I dont wanna kiss a telegraph pole...