SAU Community

My New Restoration Project

Public Enemy

Yeah man, parked up in the shed now. Had to clean up all my GTR bits to get it in.

Going to restore back to orginal condition, it's a little to good to Hotrod.

You'd be surprised at the amount of parts still available for it.

Started cleaning up the fuel system, the old fuel had dried up in the pump making a nice gooey mess. Got the right spark plug socket for it today so will be checking out the plugs later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Very nice. . make sure you get the ARRROOOOGAHHH horn for it though lol

i just pissed myself laughing after reading that hahahahhahahaah fkin gold!!!!

as for the restoration, goodluck! should be awesome :down:

thats a good looking buick, my old boy has a couple of 27 pontiacs, that i imagine when together would look very close to that, wooden roof frame and all, saddly his are rusted piles of ass at the moment he plans on resto'ing one day

he's been denying my desire to rod one for many years, so he better do something with them or ill just take one off his hands and do itttt

27 pontiac huh, that would probably be identical to the buick and maybe even share parts. Both coming from GM and all. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of old cars people have tucked away in sheds somewhere.

I'm in Tanzania at the moment so not much happening with it. We started cleaning up the fuel system thou. Fuel tank was spotless inside which was nice. The fuel pump was a bit of a mess thou. All gummed up with dried out fuel. Pretty simple system, uses manifold vacuum to bring fuel up to a reseviour under the hood and then gravity feeds the carb.

Next will be to clean up the carb and drop the oil. Needs a new wiring loom as most of this is buggered. The wires use a type of fabric sheath rather than plastic so it's rotted off. Believe it or not there is a mob over east that make new vintage looms from the same wire. They even have the template for a 27 Buick. Will get one of these and see if it has spark, add some fuel and find out if it starts. There seems to be a little bit of compression, hopefully theres enough to fire up without a rebuild for the moment.

if you have a list of suppliers for bits of these things, can you drop me a message and ill pass them on to the old boy, it might kick start him into doing something

but the pics you posted up there to me look like how i imagine the ponti's to look, as you say there from the same breed..