SAU Community

Hey Gold Coast Skyliners

13rendan_88

Am going to head out to the spit around 1-2pm on Sunday 4th, might see some of you there.

Glad to hear your back too Brandon lol

Sound like a plan. How bout organizing a lil unofficial skyline meet there this sat? That time is good too cause I reckon they start setting up the defect station around 3-330.

I'm actually back for 6days this time and only will be flying back to site on this coming wednesday!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
lazy gold coast, i guess thats why i find it hard to finish my 32, plain lazy, lol. but getting closer.

Nah mate I’m a born and bred coaster and there seems to be a pretty hostile attitude/mentality between performance enthusiasts’ on the goldy. (Let alone between ppl in general...)

every time a have a race with someone, If I beat them they either drop right back and avoid me or turn off or if they beat me I pull up next to them at the next set of lights, window down ready to have a chat about what they are running under the hood etc. but they just sit there all smug like they just ran a 9sec pass or some shit or if their window is down they put it up!(except one fellow Ceffy driver and an EvoVII) and I hate to discriminate but It seems to be more the SR/PS13/RPS13 drivers

I believe its this mentality that results in the lack of interest on the Gold Coast.

Why the attitudes? We all love the same thing so why can't we all just get along?

Anyone else share this view?

Nah mate I’m a born and bred coaster and there seems to be a pretty hostile attitude/mentality between performance enthusiasts’ on the goldy. (Let alone between ppl in general...)

every time a have a race with someone, If I beat them they either drop right back and avoid me or turn off or if they beat me I pull up next to them at the next set of lights, window down ready to have a chat about what they are running under the hood etc. but they just sit there all smug like they just ran a 9sec pass or some shit or if their window is down they put it up!(except one fellow Ceffy driver and an EvoVII) and I hate to discriminate but It seems to be more the SR/PS13/RPS13 drivers

I think racing belongs on the Track, the streets are not race tracks, its where my family drive.

Keep it where it belongs.

I think racing belongs on the Track, the streets are not race tracks, its where my family drive.

if your going to be a young hoon you may aswell hold your licence out the window and hand it over, the street race days have passed now its where it belongs on the track

Hey GC doods,

I don't think RBceffies post was aimed at the moral issues of street racing. More the fact that there is no friendship or even acknowledgment between modifiers here. I totally agree that everyone has their angry pants on when they're driving and you rarely get a wave from anyone round here.

...Plus there's the issue of police attitude round our area as well which doesn't put us in a good position. But that's a topic for some other time.

We really need to get some sorta meets happening more regularly. Like a monthly meet like the JDMST boys do....

So where does everyone want to meet then? Wednesday nights 7:30ish. Somewhere with a carpark and possibly a place to eat? Close to surfers or a bus route since i have no license atm. Get the details sorted out and we can start it next week.

Hey GC doods,

I don't think RBceffies post was aimed at the moral issues of street racing. More the fact that there is no friendship or even acknowledgment between modifiers here. I totally agree that everyone has their angry pants on when they're driving and you rarely get a wave from anyone round here.

...Plus there's the issue of police attitude round our area as well which doesn't put us in a good position. But that's a topic for some other time.

We really need to get some sorta meets happening more regularly. Like a monthly meet like the JDMST boys do....

Yes exactly my point.

Thanks for the support Sparks, I really appreciate it.

if your going to be a young hoon you may aswell hold your licence out the window and hand it over, the street race days have passed now its where it belongs on the track

Geez... I wasn't looking for a personal attack with my "race" comment. I was merely using it as an example in an attemp to empathize with other people on this forum who have the same issue.

I agree that there is a time and place for race meets and so-on but, in my defence,

can anyone here honestly say they have never had a street race or been a 'hoon' in some way, at some point in their driving life?

And please do not generalise with the 'young hoon' comment. You were all my age once....

If I had a dollar for every person who is not in my age bracket, that pulls up next to me revving their engine in their Commodores and Falcons or the ones in their Patrols, LandCruisers and utes who think they own the road all because they are late for work....

I am trying to make a point about car enthusiest shunning car enthusiest and what do I get?

Anyway, sorry for straying off topic.

Beelzebub89,

sounds good. Harbourtown carpark? Plenty of spaces. Maccas right there and plenty more accross the road(i.e Subway, Bigchiefs, sushi etc..)

Also a bus stop!

Whats your thoughts, everyone?

wasnt a personal attack, yes i have been there done that, got in lots of trouble with the fuzz lost mates due to there/others driving

and now look back and realise, HOW STUPID WAS I.

Take it how you want. meeting up is good untill the fuzz comes then everyone is a hoon no matter how old.

Yes exactly my point.

Thanks for the support Sparks, I really appreciate it.

Geez... I wasn't looking for a personal attack with my "race" comment. I was merely using it as an example in an attemp to empathize with other people on this forum who have the same issue.

I agree that there is a time and place for race meets and so-on but, in my defence,

can anyone here honestly say they have never had a street race or been a 'hoon' in some way, at some point in their driving life?

And please do not generalise with the 'young hoon' comment. You were all my age once....

If I had a dollar for every person who is not in my age bracket, that pulls up next to me revving their engine in their Commodores and Falcons or the ones in their Patrols, LandCruisers and utes who think they own the road all because they are late for work....

I am trying to make a point about car enthusiest shunning car enthusiest and what do I get?

Anyway, sorry for straying off topic.

Beelzebub89,

sounds good. Harbourtown carpark? Plenty of spaces. Maccas right there and plenty more accross the road(i.e Subway, Bigchiefs, sushi etc..)

Also a bus stop!

Whats your thoughts, everyone?

Sounds like a good idea. I'll suss it out tomorrow and make an events thread :devil: