SAU Community

R32 Stock Height Springs

Rocky88

because of too many troubles with regency and driveways i decided to buy brand new stock height springs... my r32 already has original stock springs but over 18 years they somehow managed to sink below legal limit and any second hand ones i found were also low and uneven...

i got them made at alloy industrial springs on port rd and got them installed this week for regency... my mechanic installed the front ones but he said the rear ones they gave me are too wide on the top where the strut mount goes... so i went back and told them they gave me wrong springs, but they said they are correct according to their specs... my shocks have same dimensions and stock ones so that's not the problem...

so now i cant be sure whos right...

my mechanic said that rear springs for r32 are exactly same as for s13...

here are the specs i got from adl industrial springs:

R32 rear springs:

1st end - 98mm (inside diameter)

2nd end - 78mm (inside diameter)

S13 rear springs:

1st end - 90mm (inside diameter)

2nd end - 80mm (inside diameter)

can anyone confirm these details for me?

oh and yea... one more q - i got the new stock spring in the front of my car and it looks like a fkn big foot there lol... i can fit 4 fingers between tyre and wheel arch.. apparently they are going to come down a bit after a while... can i expect much?

come on.. im sure somene here knows rear spring diameters :D

cmon man, try the national section. you'll get better luck.. bumping your own thread on the same day is lame

-D

hey man, i have some king spring lows for the rear, i bought mine for $150 a pair, not sure what they are worth these days.

let me know if ur keen on them, save urself a bit of $$ buying these and a pair of newies for the front.

also interested in ur stock suspension if u still have it, maybe stike up a trade?

• 1 month later...

so i dont start another topic... i finally had a chance to put rear king springs in...

the inside diameter is same as at stockies, but they are thicker so they sit a bit funny on top mounts, slightly over edge... just wanna make sure that this looks right:

snc00120f.jpg

it seems alright when driving, no funny noises etc

looks fine man, the ID has to stay the same as thats what captures, but thicker coils is how they deal with managing the spring rate with what is a shorter spring, so the OD usually changes a bit.