SAU Community

Need Help

ill keep this short and easy to follow/read

car= r33 gtst (drift car)

problem= only 200rwkws when should have at least 240 (really need the extra 40 for my drifting). on the dyno it shows 18 psi then drops down to 13 around the 6000rpm mark.

things we (tuner) have tried = made all new cooler pipe, took front facing plenum off and machined it to make it fit nice and tight, tried 3 dif boost controllers 2 ebc and one bleed valve boost controller, i know the turbo is good cuz it came off my mates car working perfect giving him 240rwkws at 16psi with same set up as my car.

my tuner said it might be leaking boost from the head or something :wacko: i have no idea and this is giving me the shits.

my car has been like this for over a year now, please help me, im almost ready to give up!!!

weak actuator spring....

plenum gasket leak.....

and if ur running an aftermarket bov. depending on brand, it could be weak

Get a boost leak test done whilst uunder load on the dyno. tuner should have thought of that...

good luck

Edited by R33GOD

tried 2 actuators, he machined the plenum incase it was the gasket, he installed a stock plumb back bov so could be that but doubt it cuz it was doing the same thing when i was running no bov. yeh i need to get him to do the boost leak test for sure, this has got me stumped. thanx for the replies

• 4 weeks later...