SAU Community

Buying A R34 Gtr, Pls Help

Elliot Wood

Hi guys,

Im looking for a R34 GTR V-Spec or V-spec II for about $50,000.00

Here are some iv found on carsales.com.au, I would really appreciate your opinion on best buy:

5329673.jpg

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...43&__Nne=15

4992933.jpg

4121769.jpg

4225876.jpg

4457185.jpg

At the moment im leaning toward buying no 5, but in the description it says its M-spec according to wiki

"Another special model of the R34 GT-R is the M-spec. It was similar to the V-spec, but had special "Ripple control" dampers and a leather interior with heated front seats."

But this car does not have leather interior. Pls Help!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why should u stay away from the black one?

id say because it has done 102500, hence the chances are the 100k service has not been done yet

as a ball park figure, 34 gtt would set u back around 1500 bucks for 100k service... i bet it is more for a gtr...

but black is the best look u could have... a bit biased cause mine is black :P

my 2c anyway

bly

For your info, some R34 GT-R model facts:

The R34 GT-R reappeared in 1999, with a revised chassis and other updates. The R34 turbos received a ball bearing core. The R34 N1 turbos had a metal exhaust wheel, and ball bearing center section. A 6-speed Getrag gearbox was used. The turbo outlet pipes were changed from cast to formed metal outlets. The intercooler had a temperature probe in the V-spec models.

Models:

GT-R - 2.6 L RB26DETT twin-turbo I6, 332 PS (244 kW, 392 Nm) (advertised as 280)

GT-R V-Spec - Additional aero parts, brake ventilation ducts, diffuser.

GT-R V-Spec II - As above + carbon fibre bonnet with NACA duct.

GT-R N1 - Blueprinted N1 motor, no A/C, no stereo, no rear wiper, basic interior trim. (only 45 made)

GT-R M-Spec - Leather interior, softer suspension with "Ripple Control" dampers, heated seats.

GT-R V-Spec II Nür - As above V-Spec II + N1 motor, 300 km/h speedo. (only 750 made)

GT-R M-Spec Nür - As above M-Spec + N1 motor, 300 km/h speedo. (only 250 made)

GT-R NISMO R-tune

GT-R NISMO Z-tune - 2.8 L (bored and stroked) RB26DETT Z2 twin-turbo I6, 500 PS (368 kW, 540 Nm) Z1 and Z2 (Only 19 made)

if u dont mind me askin why not the black one? too many kms?

Anything that has low km's and log books to prove them is a winnah in my opinion, especially when your forking out 50k on the car. But the Black one does have some tasteful mods. If you want some nice power then go the black one, if not, go with something that may prove more reliable due to lower km's

For your info, some R34 GT-R model facts:

The R34 GT-R reappeared in 1999, with a revised chassis and other updates. The R34 turbos received a ball bearing core. The R34 N1 turbos had a metal exhaust wheel, and ball bearing center section. A 6-speed Getrag gearbox was used. The turbo outlet pipes were changed from cast to formed metal outlets. The intercooler had a temperature probe in the V-spec models.

Models:

GT-R - 2.6 L RB26DETT twin-turbo I6, 332 PS (244 kW, 392 Nm) (advertised as 280)

GT-R V-Spec - Additional aero parts, brake ventilation ducts, diffuser.

GT-R V-Spec II - As above + carbon fibre bonnet with NACA duct.

GT-R N1 - Blueprinted N1 motor, no A/C, no stereo, no rear wiper, basic interior trim. (only 45 made)

GT-R M-Spec - Leather interior, softer suspension with "Ripple Control" dampers, heated seats.

GT-R V-Spec II Nür - As above V-Spec II + N1 motor, 300 km/h speedo. (only 750 made)

GT-R M-Spec Nür - As above M-Spec + N1 motor, 300 km/h speedo. (only 250 made)

GT-R NISMO R-tune

GT-R NISMO Z-tune - 2.8 L (bored and stroked) RB26DETT Z2 twin-turbo I6, 500 PS (368 kW, 540 Nm) Z1 and Z2 (Only 19 made)

So basicly if it has small vent on bonnet (NACA duct) its a V-spec II? and M-Spec has leather seats and is worse for drifting?

Cheers for the info dude

nah..the owner could have just bought the bonnet off a vspec2..really depends on what your priorities are when choosing a car (ie. plans to do it up or leaving it stock)

anyway i'm planning to sell my car soon but have not put it up for sale yet..pm if ur interested :)

buy Kelvin's lol spend a few more grand and get a whole lot more car

pm him for details if you're interested, seriously one of the hottest GTR's out there

EDIT: he beat me to it, pm him anyway lol

Edited by hoony

^ lol Shenton

R32 GTR is nowhere near as reliable as an R34 GTR generally speaking

if you want one as reliable as an R34 GTR you're paying the same price lol

i'm sure he wants reliability factored in... also, R34 GTR's are hot... if you want to sell yours Shenton let me know dude

can't wait until i sell my car

^ lol Shenton

R32 GTR is nowhere near as reliable as an R34 GTR generally speaking

if you want one as reliable as an R34 GTR you're paying the same price lol

i'm sure he wants reliability factored in... also, R34 GTR's are hot... if you want to sell yours Shenton let me know dude

can't wait until i sell my car

Yes, I'm selling mine atm but haven't really advertised it yet...still thinking sell, don't sell, sell, don't sell...but if price is right it would have to go..pm me if ur really interested :)