SAU Community

Buying A R34 Gtr, Pls Help

Elliot Wood

I got a friend over east to go and visit the seller and check the car over. And I got the seller to send me about 100 pics! He really hated that but hey...at the end of the day your the guy with the money if he doesn't want to go to the trouble then move on.

It's not likely that these cars are going to appreciate with time in the near future so there will be another one. But if you do find THE one then I would go to the trouble of at least getting someone to look over the car if you can't go over and do it. Would you want to spend $50k on something without seeing it?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..that was exactly what i did when i bought my car..paying without seeing it in person but i guess i was lucky it all turned out fine..wouldn't recommend anyone doing the same though..haha

^ if you buy at Japanese Auctions i'm assuming you've gone through a reputable importer and if you've done that then yeah the importer would have agents there that are professionals and know what to look for with the cars...

when i imported mine there was a hell nice black one i wanted but they checked it out and there was rust all underneath and they didn't tell me they suggested i shouldn't get it but they told me they refused to bid on it so yeah nice security there

just fly over mate, you're buying a 50k+ car, the least you can do is spare a few hundred bucks to see it in the flesh

just like insurance, if you can't afford it man you can't afford the car, in this case it's not worth the risk dude