SAU Community

Sau Sa Club Kickstart Fundraiser Saturday (tomorrow)

RubyRS4

there was around 16 in total hun, we had a bbq out the back under a gazibo that was copping an absolute bashing from the wind and rain hehe.

Notes were taken i think one of the guys will jump on later and report back what went on. we raised a fair bit of money to kick start things :D

i am sorry guys that i couldnt make it to this

i had my uncle fly down here last night and he is flying out tomorrow morning so had to take him around adelaide etc....

Yes it was very good, Well done Kellie. I don't have any doubt as to whether or not the club will go ahead.

Is the marquee still there? haha its pretty friggen windy.

PS. Did anyone see that R33 GTR with the numberplate 400R or something go past just after I left?

also what does SAU SA club offer different to SAU generally?

+1

The club deserves a fresh thread, to get away from the rubbish of earlier.

constructive critisism = rubbish? wow ok.

with starting a new thread, people are gona think ur trying to sweep their opinions under a rug. and will fill up this tread with the same feedback :sigh:

I was at AJD today and had quite a few people come up and ask about the status of the SAU SA club. Seems many people want SAU SA to get off the ground.

Right ... firstly, the bbq fundraiser, despite the appalling weather, had a great turn out and generous donations were made. Thank you again Kellie for hosting the BBQ ... and thanks for ensuring the gazzebo didn't blow away in the wind so early in the morning whilst tackling it in your pink pajamas :P

A list of the donors and their contribution has been recorded and I will attend to the formal bookkeeping of this using MYOB tomorrow. I will PDF a copy of the transactions/donations for those present at the bbq (I have your names) so you are aware the funds have gone into the SAU SA piggy bank! I will also throw together some brief minutes of the bbq meet and what was discussed and PDF that also to those present at yesterday's meeting. As indicated to all those who attended, Kellie and I have been contacted by a fair few businesses with an interest in seeing SAU SA up and running. We've been told "its about time". Given the response this weekend ... SAU SA Club is happening :w00t:

The steps from hereon is:

In two weeks time, Sunday 10th May @ 1pm (to be confirmed), there will be another meeting/bbq/fundraiser at a venue yet to be confirmed. But at this stage I am approaching Simon to take up his offer to use the Ministry of Bass premises. At this meeting, copies of the Constitution, membership forms, and Committee nominee forms will again be available for collection.

Two weeks after that meet, Sunday 24th May @ 1pm (to be confirmed), there will be a meet (venue to be advised) whereby the Committee nominees will be presented and a vote by paid members made for who they feel best to fill the four positions on the Committee. Therefore, members have 4 weeks to decide who they would nominate and vote for. I, for one, will be speaking with certain members over the next few weeks to inform them I would like them to be on the Committee, and why, and will cast my vote their way if they are interested and have the time.

Once the Committee is elected, we will have names of the President and Treasurer to go on record to lodge our CAMS affiliation forms, bank account forms, PO box forms etc. I have the forms ready and waiting, but we first need to elect committee members before we can proceed any further. Once the Committee is elected in some 4 weeks time, we lodge all paperwork to make things all official and SAU SA is born!

I can email a PDF copy of the Constitution, membership form, and committee nominee form to anyone interested. Please PM me. To those who have recently PMed me, I will attend to you guys asap (tomorrow). Once I have attended to those various PMs and confirmed the venue with Simon, I will start a new thread for the meet in 2 weeks time. I am also in contact with Simon regarding some generous assistance he has offered the club.

Well done guys and thanks for having faith. :P

I sent Ruby a PM and didn't get a reply :P

He may not have gotten around to getting back to you yet, as I think he has alot to go through!

But, I am telling you the door is open.

Come along to the next meeting if your keen to join :w00t:

Edited by 93GTST

Yep, boobs are good. :)

Sorry if I didn't reply Normsta. I have been busy. My PM box got full and had to empty ... twice. I endeavored to get back to everyone, but may have missed your PM. My apologies. PM me again. I'm answering a few more PMs tomorrow when I can access some files.

Edited by RubyRS4