SAU Community

Official Music Thread

PREISS

very nice guitaring Steve, love the video too. Nice shiny guitars, some of them 'talbo's' look great!

must've been a good night Craig... told ya you'll be fine!!! edit - you must have taken advantage of the free bar in turn for your set! top stuff, lol

this F3tch dude seems to be making some real quality tracks, bet he was stoked you threw a few of his tunes in your set. Does he play out as well as produce trax?

Yeah he used to play abit. Hasnt got the equipment anymore tho.

Hes playing at HQ tonight tho. All in session. 40 djs 15 mins each. will be fun.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so iv been hearing this song on fresh for over a year now, and i cant find it anywhere!!!

International diamond rings, forgot the dj.....any of you know where i can find it???

Not sure mate. tried Youtube ?

Still cant decide on a new soundcard.

Im thinking of this asus card http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Nice price.

Just recorded a mix last night. came out ok. but there is way too much white noise for my liking. I couldnt even edit it thru sony soundforge without loosing too much high pitch sounds. Annoying.

Not sure mate. tried Youtube ?

Still cant decide on a new soundcard.

Im thinking of this asus card http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Nice price.

Just recorded a mix last night. came out ok. but there is way too much white noise for my liking. I couldnt even edit it thru sony soundforge without loosing too much high pitch sounds. Annoying.

hey Craig, you're running a new system aren't ya?

what do you mean by white noise mate? like static? or ridiculous amounts of treble?

@ other Craig - if that "international diamond" etc is the name of the track it would be pretty easy to find, unless its some unreleased locally produced tune that Fresh like to thrash. What genre is it?>

white noise as in hiss sounds.

Ive got the new system going. which is great. just havent got the soundcard yet.

Maybe I should just wait before recording anymore mixes. Annoying indeed.

white noise as in hiss sounds.

Ive got the new system going. which is great. just havent got the soundcard yet.

Maybe I should just wait before recording anymore mixes. Annoying indeed.

ah i see. somethings definitely not right there.

When i've had those problems in the past its usually been physical stuff like wires not plugged in properly to hardware

does your new system's mboard not have on-board sound?

Yeah im thinking its something to do with dodgy cables etc too.

Also might have something to do with deciding to record at 130am when you cant see and your pissed.

Going to wait on the new card before anything else is recorded me thinks.

I have a high spec ASUS mb. nice board. but of-course on board sound isn't going to cut it.

hahaha, i know the deal mate! At that time of the morning all it can take is you or one of your mates stepping or tripping on cables, slightly loose connections somewhere, and it bollocks the whole signal

definitely check your wiring etc; wire one of the mixer masters channel sets into your onboard sound input, record 10 seconds in SonySF - see how it goes; no good - check connections, record another 10 secs, etc. slowly eliminate any possible causes.

Are you using an RCA to 3.5 cable to wire into your onboard sound?

on board sound is actually half decent, especially these days on the latest boards. You should still get a good clear recording. naturally, compare it against a recording off a card like that ASUS Xonar, you'll notice a big difference

Depends really what you want the card to do. If you want the card for audio playback/gaming/movies ect ect then onboard sound is or one of the mainstream sound cards will work OK. As a recording or reference audio card, they won't cut it.... convertors and s/n ratio just aren't designed for it.

What software did you use to record and do you watch the meters and check for digital clipping when recording/mixing and mastering?

Depends really what you want the card to do. If you want the card for audio playback/gaming/movies ect ect then onboard sound is or one of the mainstream sound cards will work OK. As a recording or reference audio card, they won't cut it.... convertors and s/n ratio just aren't designed for it.

What software did you use to record and do you watch the meters and check for digital clipping when recording/mixing and mastering?

Yep. we checked the meters. made sure it wasn't clipping.

My mate just rang and said it was the cables we were using. We were honestly pretty pissed. actually I have no idea how we did it . Came out ok considering.

He used a shorter cable today and fiddled around a little bit and it came up nice.

Were using sony soundforge 8.

Yep. we checked the meters. made sure it wasn't clipping.

My mate just rang and said it was the cables we were using. We were honestly pretty pissed. actually I have no idea how we did it . Came out ok considering.

He used a shorter cable today and fiddled around a little bit and it came up nice.

Were using sony soundforge 8.

Cables that aren't grounded/shielded correctly will cause headfks.... and they're expensive for good ones!! I pretty much make all my own cables these days because of it :P

Cables that aren't grounded/shielded correctly will cause headfks.... and they're expensive for good ones!! I pretty much make all my own cables these days because of it :)

We used some nice cables today. No white noise at all. well unless you sit right on the speakers which have the slightest bit of noise anyway.

Set came out well. , You guys know any programs that can level out the noise level ? I know you can do it for different tracks etc. But a whole constant hours worth of a music set without breaks will be hard editing thru audacity/soundforge etc. Any quick fix ?

Also

http://soundcloud.com/preiss/escobar-adelaide-remix

new tune . With some older sounds. some aussie slang thrown in for laughs.

im not too certain about the sound levelling stuff as i've never really done it - but there's gotta be something between all these wav editing apps for a quick process

the samples in the Escobar tune are gold, made me laugh! very well done though, you should throw it in one of your sets when you play out for a laugh

Try Izotope Ozone or one of the many plugsins in the Waves Mercury bundle, not so much for the exciters/expanders but the EQ. Using a filter for noise removal might destroy some of the top end though, so it might be worth trying a compressor/limiter first.

Ive tried with EQs for removing high end and low end. But what I mean is ; If I have a 1 hour set. With some songs in the set at a lower volume, Is there a program that will auto make all the sound levels even.

eg - Sorta like playing songs thru media player etc and you come accross a song that is slightly louder. If that makes sense :):P

I getcha now. Nero burning ROM will normalise levels between tracks when burning audio CD's but I'm not sure if that will work if it's a 1 hour .wav file. The only other thing I can think of is using a compressor/limiter with the peak level (allowed to pass through) set at the lowest gain of the material going through it if that makes any sense. Problem with that method is, you'll need to either guess what the low gain is or go right through the material to find it, maybe set the limiter with an output level or peak at 0 db and pass the material through it.

Can't guarantee that's going to work either because I've generally only used that method on say a bass guitar track that might be perfect with a few level problems in it because someone got heavy handed whilst recording