SAU Community

Official Music Thread

PREISS

Craig did you get my PM about Cubase? got a copy here for ya!

been messing round with FL the last few weeks., i make a nice start, leave it for a few days, come back to it and get bored and frustrated with the sounds/loops/arrangements ive made, start a new track... the standard samples sure are average.

i've also been chopping and sampling sounds from various sources. Made a start to a cool little boot from 'Metro Area - Miura' the other day; again got bored of it, started a new one. lol

really got to look into getting my hands on some sound packs. Been thinking about buying a big pack made by Joey Youngman / or as he is now known as "Wolfgang Gartner", called 'Jacked out Future House', big collection of his sounds and samples he used to use back when he was making deep house. Judging by some of his deep house work, there should be some great sounds in there

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey mate. Nah didnt get a PM. Some1 else told me they sent a message and I didnt get it either. Something must be up with my messages. \ Ill have a look and sort it out.

I know what you mean about the tracks. I have plenty of unfinished tracks. Even once your fin you think of things you can add etc. Great fun, sometimes frustrating.

Im taking alittle break from producing and concentrating on Djing. haha seems we have done the opposite to each other.

Really want to save for a nice soundcard. Want crystal clear sounds with nice basslines. Cant seem to get it togehter with this card im using atm.

you're not the only one, i've tried to PM a couple of others without success... something must be up hey! I was just saying, i've got the steinberg pack here if you're keen, and can host it somewhere and flick you a link to grab it.

you after a nice soundcard for recording yeah?

Yeah im going to upgrade the whole box actually. Use it just for recording. Did some reading awhile back and found out simple things like modems, graphics cards etc can interfear with your recording. Only slightly but enough to worry about I guess.

Might go all out this time and get a decent card.

ah k got ya!

i happened to score a nice creative labs sound card from work a few years back- (nothing flash compared to whats out there today though), but the recording quality was fantastic compared to the onboard sound of my old motherboard! It has MIDI input, etc. Great for recording mixes, (which i reckon one is well overdue!)

im currently building a new rig too, it'll be multi purpose though. Adding pieces bit by bit as I want good quality / high end hardware, so costs are a lot higher than generic shit, and i cant afford to throw big $ at it all at once. Can't wait till its all up & running!

nice tune above too mate! Sounds very JD / Transitions material

yeah Ive got a creative labs card too. Was made for recording too. However It wont fit on the motherboard at the same time as my 9800gt vid card. Kinda stupid and pisses me off.

thats the reason Im gettin a new rig myself, better Motherboard etc.

yeah theyre pretty big cards those 9800's! thats something i need to consider when choosing graphics, if it will fit amongst other crap on the motherboard!

i bought one of these: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mother...?ProductID=2861

Bought it a while back now, its probably come down in price considerably now too.

I was reading a review somewhere and the writer described one of the downsides as having a big graphics card installed that blocked physical access to some onboard components...

see how i go though!

• 1 month later...

Just lost my "audio drive" on the PC and the last 3-4 months of material on there too. I'll take my own advice next time and make sure I back it up!! :)

EDIT: Drive has appeared (don't ask) and I'm backing it up now

lol, lucky Steve. Thats a good enough reminder for me to back up my stuff, been too long since ive done it.

new tune Ive been working on.

Getting there.

Going all out this sat too Luke. Smoke machine. laser. strobe. Should be interesting/good

i had a quick listen to this at work earlier in the headphones, but just threw it on at then here at home through bigger speakers - sounds f&^ing great man! agreed Krish, cant wait to hear more of it! there are some awesome sounds in there

Saturday sounds like a big one mate, your neighbours are gonna hate ya. hahaha!

Hey you tried mixing up any of the deep house tracks you made yet Craig?

i've been working on something basic in FL in the past few weeks in bits and pieces. BIt more work and i reckon i'll throw up a preview. far from finished though

cheers mate.

Yeah the neighbors will be fine. Collinswood have really big blocks. One side is empty. :)

Been mixing alot of other people house tracks. havent really got into mixing my own. Wanna fine tune them all before mixing I reckon.

Gonna be fun producing with the new comptuter. Real fast. should be good for layering and mulitple sounds. Before it would almost freeze if I added a massive chord or technical sound.

those sorts of big sounds i haven't stuffed around with too much, interested to see how this current shitbox of a PC i'm on now will go.

FL hasn't crashed on me once yet, but i bet as the layers start piling up, performance will lack for sure!

Still been meaning to buy a sounds pack, just haven't gotten round to it! Had my eye on a Todd Terry collection, some wild samples in there. Definitely leaning toward the more housey sounds.

did you check out that short mix i sent ya a couple of weeks back?

cheers mate.

Yeah the neighbors will be fine. Collinswood have really big blocks. One side is empty. :(

Been mixing alot of other people house tracks. havent really got into mixing my own. Wanna fine tune them all before mixing I reckon.

Gonna be fun producing with the new comptuter. Real fast. should be good for layering and mulitple sounds. Before it would almost freeze if I added a massive chord or technical sound.

collinswood eh? im in manningham. i'd pop over and drink some beverages with ya if ur making it an open house

-D

yeah Ive got a creative labs card too. Was made for recording too. However It wont fit on the motherboard at the same time as my 9800gt vid card. Kinda stupid and pisses me off.

thats the reason Im gettin a new rig myself, better Motherboard etc.

lol i got a creative so called 'recording card' but found it was a steaming pile of turd. snr ratio was well off and it didnt even do 96khz/24bit

-D

Creative cards have never been the best for recording more so because their ASIO drivers suck as do the convertors! Often guys won't record at anything over 48/24 or 88.2/24 bit anyhow.... at the end of the day it needs to be dithered for CD production. I know of no-one recording at 192/24 for example

Luciano - if you're doing all your stuff in the box, I have some cool samples and plugins if you're interested but you're going to need a PC with some balls first :(

those sorts of big sounds i haven't stuffed around with too much, interested to see how this current shitbox of a PC i'm on now will go.

FL hasn't crashed on me once yet, but i bet as the layers start piling up, performance will lack for sure!

Still been meaning to buy a sounds pack, just haven't gotten round to it! Had my eye on a Todd Terry collection, some wild samples in there. Definitely leaning toward the more housey sounds.

did you check out that short mix i sent ya a couple of weeks back?

Yeah mate had a listen. Liked it too. was nice and techy in parts. which I love. real deep too. nice work

Dohmar. yeah mate. If your keen to hear some music come round. Sat night. Should be a good night. By then end it will be messy with mixing all over the shop, but that's half the fun.

cheers Craig! like i mentioned, was a slapper of a mix - not knowing the new tunes properly yet.

And no shit - i havent touched the decks since that night!

Luciano - if you're doing all your stuff in the box, I have some cool samples and plugins if you're interested but you're going to need a PC with some balls first :(

haha cheers mate - its on the way:

post-16018-1256817230_thumb.jpg

it has progressed since that snap, but i should get my bloody skates on and finish it before too much evolves and it becomes bloody prehistoric...