Official Music Thread

PREISS

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ended up heading to the HQ Sunday Sessions night last night at HQ. Was real strange heading there on a Sunday night haha. Damage had a set there, so I was pretty amped for it.

Got in, apparently me and my mates were the first people to step in on a Sunday night... I was waiting for balloons and shit to fall from the roof haha but instead we got Industry cards... entitles us to $5 base spirits and free entry all night with no expiry date. Pretty awesome.

Basically they open up the newmarket, Soho and upstairs beer garden. They also had a heap of couches upstairs outside and table service, which was pretty cool.

The music was real funky house stuff... but really suited the atmosphere/night. Give it a few weeks and it'll really catch on! hopefully it'll draw the crowds away from the bay on a Sunday night!

lol, the bay is definitely a place I don't visit too often if i can help it. Especially not for having a night out.

The last time I was at the grand was the Sunday night after my big 21st birthday dinner over 4 years ago... and we all managed to get kicked out just after the first hour of getting in, when my mate decided smoke a pipe inside the joint, bloody clown!

The HQ Sunday sessions sound good to me... I can imagine it wouldn't pull the type of crowd that you find in the joint on a Saturday night. And funky house too hey!? wonder if they're looking for DJ's! I gotta hurry up and put a new demo together, I promised another venue promoter that I'd give them one too... that was a while ago, better get my skates on!

Just got back from Sydney yesterday. Such a great city!

BDO next Fri :D

4 strings are playing at the arkaba this friday.....should be good...

venue-failure, though. Why the f**k did they choose the arkaba out of all places?!

And the next person to f**king add woop woop or whoop whoop or warp warp or any other way to spell/pronounce the lyrics of the f**king Warp 1.9 song by the Beetroots, into their Facebook status, will die in a haystack of aids.

f**king so sick of it.

No wonder Australia/Adelaide is the only country/state to actually like the Beetroots. And if they release yet another remix of that song to add to their 18-odd remixes of it, I will scream... Scream like that dick head in the 1962 remix of the track.. or whatever it's called... it's all screamo shit in it.

Yes, they were amazing early last year at the Thebarton theatre, but that's before they became big over here and before their songs were thrashed to death.

And the next person to f**king add woop woop or whoop whoop or warp warp or any other way to spell/pronounce the lyrics of the f**king Warp 1.9 song by the Beetroots, into their Facebook status, will die in a haystack of aids.

f**king so sick of it.

hahaha... my mate wrote a threat along the lines of this as his Facebook status as well a little while ago

that song is so f**king terrible... i am happy to say that i haven't heard any remixes of it. I'd rather listen to a loop of a skipping death metal CD.

venue-failure, though. Why the f**k did they choose the arkaba out of all places?!

f**king so sick of it.

No wonder Australia/Adelaide is the only country/state to actually like the Beetroots. And if they release yet another remix of that song to add to their 18-odd remixes of it, I will scream... Scream like that dick head in the 1962 remix of the track.. or whatever it's called... it's all screamo shit in it.

Yes, they were amazing early last year at the Thebarton theatre, but that's before they became big over here and before their songs were thrashed to death.

Venue failure indeed....last time i went and saw 4 stings, would have been a while now, there were so man oldies in that place OMFG.....i was hunted by COUGARS....and not the "5 Cougars, Thanks" kind either.....they were way way old like talking f**king past their prime

And i am also so sick of those bloody beetroots remixes.....went to bed last night and all i was hearing was that "whoop whoop"....