SAU Community

Recommendations For A Good Lawyer?

inark

Anyone?

Preferably someone south eastern ie Dandy/Noble park area.

Father in law was in an accident last week.

He was turning onto a road, a car was around 100+ meters away and instead of changing lanes (3 lane road and they were the only 2 cars on that road), ran up his arse and the insurance company are siding with the other idiot which to me sounds like utter bullshit.

So, if someone pulls out onto the road im on, and i have plenty of time to slow down and/or change lanes i can run up their arse and get my car fixed... awesome. Anyone out there have previous damage or want a new front bar and bonnet, heres a great way to do it.

Was the car insured with full comp or 3rd party?

If its 3rd party call..

Kenyons Lawyers

157 High Street, Preston

Phone: 9480 5999

Fax: 9484 1092

I got 15k back from the other parties insurance and it was only a R32 GTST...

My sister had a similar thing happen to her. Apparently she changed into the other guy's lane and braked too quickly and he ran into the back of her car. Although it makes me question this guy's driving style if he would not have time to brake and stop before hitting her.

Whatever. Fact is my sister's car didn't get fixed and now I'm driving it.

My sister had a similar thing happen to her. Apparently she changed into the other guy's lane and braked too quickly and he ran into the back of her car. Although it makes me question this guy's driving style if he would not have time to brake and stop before hitting her.

not quite the same... this guy was well over 150m away in the far left lane of 3 approaching an intersection. My father in law pulled out into the left lane which then merges into 2 lanes about another 80-100m up. He didnt brake, he was continuing to accelerate and then about 30-40 from the intersection the other guy slammed into his arse. So he had almost 200m to do something which at the 90kmh speed (providing he was doing the speed limit) gave him about 8 seconds to do something ie. change lanes which he should have anyway seeing as it merged into 2.

Thanks Niz32det i'll pass the number on.

Going to go for a drive later on and take photos and positions of the signs approaching that intersection and find out where the impact was... theres no skid marks so the guy didnt even hit the brakes hard.

I may be wrong here but I always thought that if you are the following vehicle and you run into the person in front of you then you are automatically at fault. My recollection of the road code is that you should always drive at a safe following distance just in case the car in front suddenly stops, swerves or something unexpected happens.

I would take snap shots of the road your father in law was pulling out of and the location down the road before he was hit. This will indicate how much time / distance was available to the following driver to brake or take evasive action before the impact.

If the accident spot is on top of the intersection then you probably have little case as the other driver can rightly say that your father in law pulled out in front of him and he had no time to react. But if the accident took place 50m down the road then that gives him ample opportunity to react and you could argue that him running into your father in law was a result of careless driving.

Good luck with everything.

Not exactly the same, but my point was that it is not always the fault of the person behind, at least not in everyone's eyes, and the most important people; the insurance companies.

Your father in law's situation sounds a lot better than my sister's and hopefully the pictures, the fact that there are no skid marks and your lawyer are convincing enough. Best of luck. :happy:

I may be wrong here but I always thought that if you are the following vehicle and you run into the person in front of you then you are automatically at fault. My recollection of the road code is that you should always drive at a safe following distance just in case the car in front suddenly stops, swerves or something unexpected happens.

Yeah I thought that was the deal too.

Sorry I dont know any lawyers.

Let us know how it all goes.

When following a car you must leave a "safe braking distance", when you pull in front of some one you must also do the same for the person behind you, if you dont and have to hit the brakes the person behind you does not have a safe distance to stop because you have taken it, if you are stupid enough to pull in front of some one and only leave 1 car length for the person behind you then you deserve what you get, and as both of you cant understand this common sense rule its only a matter of time before some one hits you too.

Edited by W0rp3D