SAU Community

Are GTS springs different to GTSt springs?

Greg

I noticed on a couple of websites some manufacturers make different springs for n/a and turbo R33's...why? i thought the suspension of the two cars was identical. is there a problem with buying springs meant for a gtst?

It is my understanding that the suspension set up is the same and you can put the turbo suspension into a non turbo.

I've been told basicaly the only difference between the two is the quality, the turbo model cars get upgraded shocks and firmer springs. Can anyone verify this.

thanks for the replies guys

Darker, so how do you like the springs? does your car hold the corners better now? how much did the springs lower it by? did you keep the standard shocks? how much were you charged for labour? sorry about all the questions! :D

Not a problem your in under the 21 question limit

Bit of story, still in the writing

Springs have lowered the car about 4cm at the front and about 3 at the back, my car was sitting about 2cm higher at the front on the standard, so its less pronounced now.

Handled really well for the first few minutes of street testing, corned really firmly and wasnt much rougher on the ride, and then I hit a snag.

My front right shock had somehow become damaged when the new spring was fitted, and she was leaking oil profusely, end result, slippery tyre, and no damper on corners. Nursed it back to the workshop and found this out.

Soooooo I have just had new shockies ordered for the front, which may or may not raise or lower the height again.

Labour is an odd one, my springs set me back $350, and standard labour was going to be $220 ($55/hour, front brake pad change as well) I am however having now to pay for new front shocks, which are being fitted without labour costs.

I just hope they arrive soon, so I can have my car/life back.