SAU Community

Skyline Is Written Off :( Willing To Repair It

unfortunately my car has been written off and my insurance is stuffing me around so i might get nothing

i hit someone up the ass at a low speed and set the airbag off and as she had a towbar it show is the damage

do u think it is repairable from these pics

the cooler and radiator are f**ked

post-51056-1242908687_thumb.jpg

Who are you insured with ? As far as i know there is always the option of purchasing the car back when it is written off

And yes i think that isnt a very difficult repair for a decent panel beater. At least with front enders the chassis rarely bends leaving you crabbing up the street.

What needs to be replaced, Front bar,Bonnet ,headlight, radiator and rad support etc

they fix worse than this often

Edited by GTR-32U

im with just car

i paid for full comp ($1306) and there saying i have 3rd party

it is a load of shit so im looking at the worst case senario i dont want to sell it off in parts and ill get sweet FA for it and i love her to bits so im loking at repairing it

thats it like it is only those parts that are damaged the carbon fibre bonnet only had a fracture in it lol

so ill round up figures and see what i do but hopefully it will be worth it

What does it say on the Just Car Policy Statement? It should be itemised!

A decent solicitor could turn the screws on J/C as a 'sabre-rattling' exercise and charge a minimal fee!

It's been done before!

The Daily Telegraph photographer that took shots of my car last month for Cars Guide was being screwed by NRMA after his VW Transporter caught fire. When he brought a solicitor into the fray, they paid up. That's Nobody Robs More Australians for you.

im with just car

it is a load of shit so im looking at the worst case senario i dont want to sell it off in parts and ill get sweet FA for it and i love her to bits so im loking at repairing it

Dont you have the paperworks stating what policy you puchased with all the details of the policy and your car and so forth or you threw it away?

im with just car

Go to Abbotsford Collision centre in well, Abbotsford, they can fix anything

Try and turn a negative into a positive.

In other words now you can fit the front Bar you have always wanted, the Bonnet you prefer, Big alloy radiator if you ever plan on track work, better intercooler set up etc

if you can try and sneak in a photo from above looking into engine bay preferably with as much focus on areas like rad support etc....There are probably a few panel guys on here who may offer you some cost estimate etc work involved etc

Edited by GTR-32U

Try and turn a negative into a positive.

In other words now you can fit the front Bar you have always wanted, the Bonnet you prefer, Big alloy radiator if you ever plan on track work, better intercooler set up etc

+1

wen i rebuilt my engine, had a good think and did a lot of things at once

thanks guys

i got all the paperwork so it should be sweet and i get cash back but i want to fix it up as i only had it for 6 months and its a awesome setup

i know abbosford collision and i might give them a bell

or if anyone here can think of the body work to get done cheap but good the mechanical side i can sort out

Yep, modifying a broken part is the way to go. That way you're getting something in return for your money instead of just returning the car to the state it was before. When I smashed up my first car pretty badly (essentially a write off), I resprayed it in Yellow Devil as opposed to the red that the car was previously. That way, in my mind it wasn't a repair...it was a modification :D

Edited by Birds

it is the plan. i want to fix it all up new cooler and front bar and respary it all pearl black and hopefully asap

then ill be back on the roads and happy as ever

it is the plan. i want to fix it all up new cooler and front bar and respary it all pearl black and hopefully asap

then ill be back on the roads and happy as ever

Thats it, do t look at it so negatively, its just an opportunity to make your ride better..i had a friend who crashed his car,, insurance said complete write off, much worse than yours, took it to abbotsford and they fixed it up, car goes perfectly.

good luck man

first thing is to strip it. By the looks of it she needs a pull on the skirting, once you have got her squared up with the tremel, unstich your rad support , dummy fit the new one square it up check all gaps fit lights grill bar etc then your away laughing, weld her up with a spot welder if you can get one. Shame your not in bris would have done it for ya