SAU Community

R33 Gts25t Sideskirts

It seems that some R33's have sideskirts which are welded on and some R33's have the removable ones where you can remove the screws on the ends of the sideskirts to remove it. Is it possible to remove the sideskirts on the welded ones? I want to get some GTR R33 sideskirts and I have the welded sideskirts :)

It seems that some R33's have sideskirts which are welded on and some R33's have the removable ones where you can remove the screws on the ends of the sideskirts to remove it. Is it possible to remove the sideskirts on the welded ones? I want to get some GTR R33 sideskirts and I have the welded sideskirts :D

usually OEM parts are not fused, so it can be replaced if damaged in case of an accident.

most cars that come from japan have panel damage throughout its life. unless the repairer in japan had Sikaflexed the skirts on. (thats what some bodykit workshops do). Ive even seen bodykit places Liquid-nails bodykits on.

let us know and post some pictures up. Sikaflex can sometimes be melted in heat but usually it just has to be cut with a stanley knife. General Automotive sikaflex comes in black

Edited by eeiko321

Ask a windscreen shop for piano wire and handles. It'll take off the urethaned skirts in minutes provided you can actually get the wire around the skirts.

A panel shop once asked us to remove a VE commodore's beaver panel cos it's glued on and they were unsure the first time they worked on one.