SAU Community

Mongoose M80g

shaun123

hey guys,

recently got my alarm installed from doug @ eastside installs but if i unlock the car, and i dont start the car within 30secs the engine re-immobolises but the doors dont auto re-lock! why? Doug said it was to do with the interior light coming on or somcrap and R33's didnt auto re-lock, sounded like bs - did he install it properly?

also the range is pretty short, about 5meters... he said this was the normal range for this type of alarm? anyone confirm

Exact same problem with mine. However mine doesnt have central locking to begin with so that might the reason (installed the central locking kit). But yea the range is shit. and sometimes you will have to keep pressing the button before you get any response (like you lock it straight after you unlock it).

It should be an option (configurable). I have an M80 on my R34 so might be slightly different but for me it works as follows:

Unlock via remote: Don't open any door, the car will re-lock itself.

Unlock via remote: Open a door but don't start ignition, the car will re-arm the immobiliser but NOT re-lock the doors.

It should be an option (configurable). I have an M80 on my R34 so might be slightly different but for me it works as follows:

Unlock via remote: Open a door but don't start ignition, the car will re-arm the immobiliser but NOT re-lock the doors.

as above

the light should come on when you disarm the car with the remote.

and also when you exit the car the light will go off when you arm it.

Edited by sneki81

this is what happens with mine:

If i unlock the car and dont open the doors: the doors dont re-lock

the guy that installed it said it was because my cabin light comes ON when i unlock the car so the alarm thinks the door is open and thats why the alarm wont relock the doors, he wants some more $$ to come out and fix the range and autorelock :dry:

+1.

the guy that fitted it didn't install it properly... 99% of the ones I fit wotk properly. they picked the wrong wire up.

which wire did they pick and which one should of been picked up so i can tell him?

Would it work better if you just turned the center light off permanently?

You can always turn it on when you hop in the car or need to find something in the car..

I had a black-wire Cyclops alarm in 1 of my other cars and that did well.. was $250 from Ministry of Bass.. but it doesn't have as many options as viper or m80 obviously.. Its just an alarm and immobilizer really (connects to central locking if factory fitted) range on that remote is heaps far like 30-40 meters or through walls it has no problem..

it really depends on the car. if its a later car then the BCM controls the light. meaning that when you unlock the car it turns the light on. if they pick the wire up for the doors on that side (light) then the alarm sees the door open and doesn't do as its supposed to.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm not sure what immobilizer I have, but I can see a mongoose battery pack I think it's there to keep the siren going when the battery is dead *shrugs*.

The car also has that 30 second immobilizer function not certain if it auto locks itself I haven't check (at the moment I have it hidden in my fiance's garage until I get used to driving manual).

How do I check what immobilizer I have? Can someone post a pic of their remote?

I have a pair of greyish-black remotes with buttons "I" - to activate/deactivate and "II" to silence on it.

Cheers guys,

fibbo.