SAU Community

M35 Dump Pipe - Making Up A Few

Angus Smart

Hey Guys, i've gone m35 crazy!!

Whos interested in getting a dump made up for their m35?? that will be well made in stainless or whatever you like.

i can arrange a friend to make up a couple while hes making up mine. instead of paying the 700 or so jap companies are costing at the moment.

let me know!

Andrew

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much? what material? how long? :banana:

+1

PLUS, what style (Split or Bellmouth), can he make one up with a pre-cat?

Can he silicone coat it to keep it looking shiny?

Pics of his previous work?

Edited by iamhe77

I'll get some photos of current work, he does lots of high end fabrication tho, you look in just about every high performance mag and you will find their work :blink:

i was thinkin of getting something done similar to the dolphin job? but i'm open to the best suggestion!! is the stock dump the same size as the dolphin job??

post-31456-1243930499_thumb.jpg

Flange looks tricky to source but i will pop into a shop tomorrow to see if they can get it. otherwise i will get a gasket and we will lazer cut a flange from it.

any coatings can be done also. prob best to get em ceramic coated or the like.

i'm guessing somewhere around 400, will have to wait and see.

it will not be a split housing type, dont see the point since the flange doesnt have a divider, and doubt the turbo does.

can i get some photos up of the style of dump that the m35 has? if anyone has photos of stock and aftermarket.

the photo i posted is from http://www.garagemak.com/M35aero.html

does this delete the first cat or something?? i've not had a good enough look under my car yet

i was thinkin of getting something done similar to the dolphin job? but i'm open to the best suggestion!! is the stock dump the same size as the dolphin job??

post-31456-1243930499_thumb.jpg

Flange looks tricky to source but i will pop into a shop tomorrow to see if they can get it. otherwise i will get a gasket and we will lazer cut a flange from it.

any coatings can be done also. prob best to get em ceramic coated or the like.

That dump looks good to me.

I am reasonably sure that the first cat is on the dump pipe. Standard from Japan they then have one on the section under the passenger seat and for compliance they add another near the second one.

The standard exhaust is 2.5 inch but it has restrictive joints at the each flange, down to 2 inch.

The flange has a code and has been discussed on the forum not long ago. I will see if I can find the thread.

Cheers

Andy

That dump looks good to me.

I am reasonably sure that the first cat is on the dump pipe. Standard from Japan they then have one on the section under the passenger seat and for compliance they add another near the second one.

The standard exhaust is 2.5 inch but it has restrictive joints at the each flange, down to 2 inch.

The flange has a code and has been discussed on the forum not long ago. I will see if I can find the thread.

Cheers

Andy

Dont worry i got that whole thread and photos on my mac to show the shop tomorrow :) t3 outlet flange.

that dump will be the go then! dumps will be 3 inch i guess. or 2 3/4 or 2.5.. i like the sound of using a 3 on a turbo tho. for less restriction