SAU Community

Apexi Afc Neo M35

Ross

ive read in a few other threads people having no luck usling an AFC on vq25det

the AFC Neo is listed on the Apexi site for the Stagea with VQ25DET, has any one had any success using this?

the M35 VQ25 is listed on the SAFC Neo and and SAFC II installation lists. but not the SAFC 1, which is probably not supported because the SAFC 1 would have been designed before the VQ25 was in production.

i don't see why you couldn't get it working, its just a signal bender. what were the reasons behind not having any luck using them?

• 9 months later...
im running SAFC II works well for the limited tunability it gives. Still waiting for someone to flash the factory ECU's

Bump!

Has anyone else since tried the SAFC/AFC Neo options with their M35 stageas?

@danwatt

Can you give us some more info on the results you've had with the SAFC II?

Thanks

I'd be interested in this too. I had great results from a SAFC2 on my series 2 stagea. For the price its a bargain (2nd hand FTW), especially if the car is otherwise standard or only lightly modded.

I'm sure I read on here that the M35 ecu somehow counteracts the effects of the SAFC or something along those lines...anyone?

the problem with any piggyback computer is the ECU on the M35 is self learning.

So when you make changes the ECU tries to compensate for changes made to the input signal. Not a waste of time just very difficult.

the problem with any piggyback computer is the ECU on the M35 is self learning.

So when you make changes the ECU tries to compensate for changes made to the input signal. Not a waste of time just very difficult.

usually the side effect of the SAFC was that it advanced the timing. But it was still good enough to get the AFR graph to flatten out once it hit 12:1 and stay at 12:1 all the way to redline. This was on a 99 model with full 3" exhaust and GT30 turbo, and with the base timing advanced a little also, the fuel economy dropped by 2L/100km. It was a huge improvement, mainly in the mid-range.

I guess the problem is that the ecu has so many inputs it uses, and with the SAFC you're only changing one of those...