SAU Community

Skyline Space Frame

Risking

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great build up risking, that thing is gonna be mean once it's done! Not sure if this will help but I came accross this thread on gtr.co.uk and thought it you could use it for tips or hints or whatever as this guy is building a space frame r32 aswell, and there's always more than one way to skin a cat. It's a good read :merli:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/74968-neverending-project-x.html

Cheers, Mat.

That one on GTR.uk is a bit odd.

His gone to some extreme lengths and its still based on a floor pan chassis. He may as well have thrown it away and started with a proper space frame like i have.

The way his cut out the firewall and floor section is not really right.

Its a good bit of gear by the looks of it but id have done it properly with a full space frame chassis.

post-20349-1248937701_thumb.jpg

post-20349-1248937755_thumb.jpg

slight update,

Jay and I looked over engine locations today,

God damn its not going to be easy. The tail shaft will only be 12 inchs long if that and the dry sump pump etc is going to have to swing off the other side of the engine now. Due to the engine being mounted so far back and offset to the pass side nothing will be simple.

Its going to have to go in through the windscreen opening as the intrusion bars etc all get in the way and the floor will have a X in it so no entry there.

Small incidental things are going to become a real nightmare soon. intercooler, radiator, diff coolers etc etc

the space is more than ample its the ammount of shit I have in there thats the problem!

Im looking to swap the cars around in the next few days and take it to somewhere bigger.

Its almost time to try and mount an RB26 into a hole thats way to small.

yeah about that,,,,,,

Its a little tight but very do able. Im working on it a little slower than normal with bostons car here as well but got a few things done last night.

Ive now got the fuel system sorted as well. and a new dry sump tank.

Im considereing making it left hand drive too, but not sure as yet,

Short shafts are okay besides the uni joint angles.