SAU Community

Bosch 044 Fuel Pump

Hi all,

Can a bosch 044 fuel pump directly replace the stock intank fuel pump (in an R34 GT-R) or are there other fittings/modifications that need to be done to the 044 in order to successfully mount them in the fuel tank?

Cheers,

Edited by xanavinismo

Just remember if you replace the intank fuel hoses use Flouroelastomer outer hose. Regular efi will go to shit.

I am running an 044 intank in my 32 gtr, been great so far. You may also find these fittings usefull it's what I used:

Here

It allows you to come out at 90 from the pump outlet so you don't foul against the side of the tank. Has a pick-up as well. I looked everywhere for those fittings even Enzed couldn't do it, thread pitch on the 044's is not the norm which makes it hard.

Edited by James_03

To answer your question, no it is not a direct replacement. You need to modify the cradle, here is a guide for a R33 install. Just follow the steps out of the 2 guides and you should be alright.

Thanks a bunch for all of your replies guys. Although having read whats actually involved, I might end up getting a Nismo fuel pump instead because to my understanding, they are a direct replacement for the factory intank fuel pump and no modifying is required on R34 GT-R's?

Cheers,

Edited by xanavinismo

ive got one in my 34.....there is no cradle on the 34.....its got a big rubber sleeve and clamp that holds the pump...its not quite large enough for the 44 pump....just use a hose clamp to hold it to the point where the original clamp goes....

you will also need a fitting to go in the intake to convert the pump to a barb so you can use the original hose and pick up filter...and one on the outlet to convert to barb....it works out it just runs straight in line as the original pump does....id say its the most simple gtr's to fit this pump to

Sorry to digress....is anyone having any surging issues with the intank 044 on track (circuit) days when cornering? If so what was your fuel level when this was occuring? I guess what I'm getting at - is it necessary to go to a surge tank setup for a bit of (safe) fun on the circuit?

Sorry to digress....is anyone having any surging issues with the intank 044 on track (circuit) days when cornering? If so what was your fuel level when this was occuring? I guess what I'm getting at - is it necessary to go to a surge tank setup for a bit of (safe) fun on the circuit?

It sounds like you are enjoying some of the oh so common overheating and cavitating problems that 044's do. A fuel cooler is meant to help quite dramatically, however it hasnt worked in my application.

It sounds like you are enjoying some of the oh so common overheating and cavitating problems that 044's do. A fuel cooler is meant to help quite dramatically, however it hasnt worked in my application.

It's something that I'm contemplating but just curious as to the pro's and con's of in-tank vs external vs external with surge tank.

If you mount in-tank do any problems exist as this would be the neatest way......but was wondering whether a dedicated surge tank was required for the odd treck to the circuit where G forces would be higher?

I have an s15 and can run my fuel down until the fuel light comes on without any fuel pickup issues at the circuit. Was thinking of upgrading my fuel pump (currently Nismo) to an 044 when I make the switch to E85. But was curious as to the best way to go.

I've nearly rear ended a few VR and VS Commodores at the circuit where they have fuel surge issues mid corner resulting in temporary engine shut down at the most inconvenient of places.

Here's a few setups I came accross on another forum:

http://www.freshalloy.com/forums/showthrea...fuel+pump+setup

Edited by juggernaut1

if you already have the nismo keep that, it flows the same if not more than a 044 assuming you aren't runny silly rail pressures.

I thought the Nismo was 4.1 litres/min or 246 litres/hour.................. vs the 044 at 300 litres/hour....no?

That is 300L/H free flow it drops back to 200L/H @ 5bar/72psi where as the nismo is apparently measured at 3bar (which is roughly standard rail pressure)

Edited by TiTAN