SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

i think there is the gt5 prologue (haven't played it yet), so i would assume that there is in the game as well

oh yeah sweet, hope its done well. a lot of games that have drifting aren't real good (playable wise) i do like GRID tho. the drifting in that is really cool

But why would you use a "waving-a-magic-wand" controller for a car racing game anyway?

Maybe for Mario Kart, but GT?

And no game shop can tell you the release date yet because they don't know.

If they do give you a date at this stage then they're full of crap.

No, no... I meant that Sony will obviously want the largest possible audience exposure to their "magic wand", so what better game than GT5 to do so?

Completely agree with what you said. Steering wheel + pedals, if not that then just the normal controller... forget motion control with a stick for a car sim.

btw, Mario Kart + Wavebird = WIN

oh yeah sweet, hope its done well. a lot of games that have drifting aren't real good (playable wise) i do like GRID tho. the drifting in that is really cool

do a youtube search on it. i haven't personally played it, but it appears to be good (realistic).

found this.......

http://www.costco.com/Common/CostcoCategor...=&cat=55531

look at what's second on the list. this is the second site i have found with a release date for pre orders. i'm guessing that they know that a release date is due to be announced at any moment, so they are just trying to secure as many sales as early as possible so are just making up bullshit dates and will just change them when they actually know what it is.

found this.......

http://www.costco.com/Common/CostcoCategor...=&cat=55531

look at what's second on the list. this is the second site i have found with a release date for pre orders. i'm guessing that they know that a release date is due to be announced at any moment, so they are just trying to secure as many sales as early as possible so are just making up bullshit dates and will just change them when they actually know what it is.

JB have the GT5 release date as the 1st of October i think...can't really remember. But yeah they are most probably fake as you said, heres a nice list of the release dates over the years

GTP

lol sony havent announced a date yet, but i have a feeling it will come soon at E3. then only to be delayed even further.

In anycase i've been play prologue, its not the full thing but its freaking awesome.

wow, none of us, or any of the sites we get our info from, had even considered this........

sorry that was a bit harsh. i think that if they do indeed announce a date at E3 then it will be pretty much the date that the game is released on. i think that sony knows that if they delay it much longer they will start losing fans (and sales), and if they announce a release date and then delay it again it will really hurt their brand image. i think that the only way it will get delayed again is if there is actually a serious issue...... but then i may also be a bit optimistic/dillusional......

sony has started to really step up the gt5 advertising now. the car they are sponsoring in the le mans 24 hour actually has GT5 logos rather just the GT logo that they were using previously. they have a playable demo at the race as well. all signs are pointing to a definate release date at E3, and the date being soon.

I was at JB here earlier today and they have GT5 on preorder. Tempting but I want to see a more realistic date first.

Either that or preorder now and get a free steering wheel and pedals :P

jb and eb games have had pre-order available for a few weeks now (was mentioned earlier in the thread) but they don't actually know when it will be out yet. would be funny if the japan release date wasn't until december and we weren't going to get it until next year. would make jb and eb games look stupid...... but would make me a sad panda

I must admit despite the 350 year wait for the GT5 i'm still really excited about it, I am hoping it not only lives up to the hype but makes Forza 3 look like shit, especially considering both my 360's are f**ked :D

Here's the latest GT5 Trailer from E3