SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

HA! Heard that before...

My guess is that the "details" will allow for a Christmas release at the earliest.

More likely a Q1/2 2010 release...

Edited by iamhe77

one of the dudes who makes it said theres a good possibility of a pc release too, saw a few sites that were reading further into what he said and claiming there would definitely be one... not for a while though i bet

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-to-...iple-platforms/

is what the guy was quoted as saying

i hope it does.. i haven't played a gt since gt1/2, didn't like 3 or 4 much, but will like this just cos it looks so nice

even a port i can live with, not all ports are shit but atm.. theres just no good racing games on pc, grid was probably most fun i've had on a racing game and the physics in it were just demented

They are all shit - and always will be.

By way of shit, i mean they are often buggy and jerky, and never use even close to full power most PC Gamers have on hand due to the consoles being moons behind in hardware

lol pcfag.

You neglected to mention that games are often much better optimised for consoles due to having the same hardware; and thus better hardware utilisation than a PC.

Most games that I've played recently on 360 aren't too much different to their PC counterparts, though I guess this is also due to a lot of games being given a multi platform release now as well. (the other thing being that you don't get the same exclusive downloadable content on PC!)

The last good PC car game I played was NFS High Stakes.

My best mate and I played GT4 again and then the GT5 Prologue the other week, It kinda felt well... boring, apart from the fact that we could race a GTS-R vs R32 GT-R in GT4 :D

I'll be hanging out for the new NFS title which is supposedly a return to the more simulation based type of NFS.

lol pcfag.

You neglected to mention that games are often much better optimised for consoles due to having the same hardware; and thus better hardware utilisation than a PC.

Most games that I've played recently on 360 aren't too much different to their PC counterparts, though I guess this is also due to a lot of games being given a multi platform release now as well.

:)

They have to be optimised, its different hardware - and limited at that.

Whilst they might use the hardware better - the single reason is that when ported to PC you'll never have them use a PC hardware properly because they are not coded as such... you kind of countered your own point.

games written for PC's rock - always have, there are just less off them these days :)

Whilst direct ports from console to PC are often shite, as opposed to a game developed for multiple platforms in paralell, I'm starting to see less and less of a gap between Xbox games and PC.

A case in point - Fallout 3 ran like a dog with no legs on my Centrino Duo 6550, 2GB RAM and 8400GS. I swap out the 8400GS for an 8600GT I got for very cheap and I can now have it playable in full screen not letterboxed (!!!) but bodies still disappear when more than 10m away. Whereas I can have the exact same game experience albeit smoothly on the 360. That was my watershed moment with computer games.

I don't think I'll be bothering to upgrade again in the near future due to this fact.

I'm also someone who during the 90s and early 00's was a vehement opponent of consoles in general. PSone games struggled to keep me entertained for >5min with about 4 exceptions, and N64 etc never grabbed me. The gaming world has changed since then though.

Slightly more on topic, I'm lucky in that a mate bought a PS3 for the sole purpose of GT5, because I sure wouldnt! :P

Whilst direct ports from console to PC are often shite, as opposed to a game developed for multiple platforms in paralell, I'm starting to see less and less of a gap between Xbox games and PC.

A case in point - Fallout 3 ran like a dog with no legs on my Centrino Duo 6550, 2GB RAM and 8400GS. I swap out the 8400GS for an 8600GT I got for very cheap and I can now have it playable in full screen not letterboxed (!!!) but bodies still disappear when more than 10m away. Whereas I can have the exact same game experience albeit smoothly on the 360. That was my watershed moment with computer games.

I don't think I'll be bothering to upgrade again in the near future due to this fact.

I'm also someone who during the 90s and early 00's was a vehement opponent of consoles in general. PSone games struggled to keep me entertained for >5min with about 4 exceptions, and N64 etc never grabbed me. The gaming world has changed since then though.

Slightly more on topic, I'm lucky in that a mate bought a PS3 for the sole purpose of GT5, because I sure wouldnt! :blink:

Exactly what I'll be doing :P

Is Nuburgring on GT5?

I've very sure it would be. And on the E3 video for GT5, there are bits of Nurburgring shown, the last part of the video shows a GTR on Nurburgring.

YAY for GT5, ill be an old man before it comes out, but im used to that waiting for GT and GTA games.

ports are pretty crap atm, you need an uber PC to run GTA4 anything like the PS3 can (unless you turn down traffic and m,ake the game easier)

ive loved all the GT games, except GT4 prologue it was kinda lame. GT5 prolgue is a bit better cause of the online racing, but the full game should be asolutely mental with the number of cars and tracks, and then UPGRADES!!! yay cant wait, thanks for the reminder guys, now i can go dream about it again