SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

hahahahaha - been going the wrong way with games lately???

HOW lately are we talking here? last game they released was gran turismo 4 - that came out over 5 years ago - 2004 to be precise... so 6 year hiatus to release a full game

i love reading comments like this one. people say forza is better than GT5

how do you compare that which does not yet exist?

what a homo

don't you know anything rowan? the sound of the cars is better on forza and that is everything when playing game. who cares about how the cars handle or anything like that? as long as the cars sound better and the graphics when viewed on a 1 million and 80p mega HD television are so much better that pretty much no-one but the forza fan can notice then the game is better.

i don't give a crap about those sorts of things and love reading stupid comments by people who do. those people need to pry their hand off their cock long enough to step out into the light of day for the first time in 5 years and go and attempt to talk to someone of the opposite sex in real life. but even then they would probably complain that the woman's voice didn't sound as good in real life as it did on their dolby 6000.1 stereo system.

i'm going to be playing gt5 on a standard old style television through it's crappy standard speakers. how good the graphics are or how good the sound is doesn't mean shit to me cause most of the time i will only have the sound up just loud enough to hear the engine noise cause i will be playing it while the missus is watching tv shows that i find boring as shit.

spoke to a guy a jb hifi today. he said on his computers it said the release date was 01/01/2010... but he also said maybe be the 2nd as 1st s a public holiday...... have to wait and see...

Edited by wasnt me

so march seems the general theory, sooo maybe october if were lucky

i get emails from PSN and nothing even a mumble about the release, so its def not january or it would be all over it.

either way, gotta get my G27 and build my steering setup quick smart.

i get emails from PSN and nothing even a mumble about the release, so its def not january or it would be all over it.

i gots improve mine... anyone got an R33 dash?

Either way it should be out early next year, even if it's March, that aint long away compared to the amount of years we've been waiting.

exactly. there have been so many release dates so far and they just keep getting put off. i think that by the time it does finally get released it will be a massive failure. not because the game will be bad but because so many people will have gotten fed up with waiting and gone out and bought an x-box and forza 3. the longer they dick around with the release the less money they are going to make.

also the march release is only for the japanese version, so we might not get it until a few months after that.

mado82.......dont think that way, so many people do. I'd rather wait a bit longer and get the game in its finished state not some crap thats been thrown out just to make a few buck (NFS shift comes to mind, cant wait to trade it in on a good game). GT games have always taken a long time to come out, ive waited well beyond release date for every one of the GT games. and i really dont care, its still the best selling driving game. and will always remain my favourite, as i know they will do a good job of it.

the initial coments when the PS3 came out was for it to come out mid 2010, and they said it wont come out till its perfect. bring it on when its ready boys!!!!

2 :) for the idea of building a skyline dashboard around your steering setup

what pisses me off about the whole GT5 thing is that instead of getting their arse into gear and getting the game done they keep arsing about doing other things. how much extra time did making prologue add onto the final release date? and the same goes for the PSP? why not put all the time and effort into making the main game for the main console and then worry about the other shit later on.

and the fact that they come out with bullshit statements like when they said it was ready to be released any day now. then to come out and say that they are only 65% finished. well if it has taken them 5 years to get to 65% finished then we won't see it until 2012.

yes i agree that it is good that they want the game 100% ready when it is released so that they don't have to release a path 2 days after it's release as this would just lower the reputation of the game, especially after such a long lead out time. but the longer they take the more damage they are doing to their reputation and the higher the quality is going to have to be to justify the amount of time it took. also the more sales they are losing by taking longer.

if when the game is finally released it isn't miles ahead of anything else i think it will do a lot of damage to their reputation as people won't bother waiting stupidly long periods of time for any more of their games. i also think that they are putting too much time into the wank factor of the game, the visible side of things. i don't really give a shit how good a leaf looks sitting on the side of the road when you go past it at 200kmh. it is only the serious computer nerds who rate a game more off how it looks and sounds than how it plays that are going to care. yes it would be good to still have it look great, but there is a limit to how good you need to make it before you start going over the top.

i'm basically over it. if i still give a fuck when the game comes out i will buy it, but until such time i don't care anymore. i'm sick of being dicked about with lies by these guys. had the originally said "it will be out in early 2010" and never changed their view on that then that would've been fine, but since they kept yanking our chains with the above mentioned statements about being ready to release it at any moment, etc, then i don't care anymore.

haha its the new Duke Nukem Forever!

Actually Marc, I like to stop my car on the side of the road to check out the realism of the spectators, it adds to my gaming experience.

So you can either GB2 GT4 or come to the light side and get an Xbox 360 + Forza 3 :banana:

I agree with what Mad is saying about it having to be miles ahead of all other games in terms of gameplay and realism due to the fact they have taken so long. For example, Modern Warefare really raised the bar for what the PS3 is capable of, if GT5 came out before Modern Warfare or similar games it would have set the bench mark, now that those games have raised the bar, it's going to be even more difficult for GT5 to be more impressive.

All i can say is it better be the best video game ever made in terms of realism to be taking this long.

If the full game resembles the prologue i have to say that the wait will not be worth it.

Having played prologue non stop since it came out, then play Forza 3, Polyphony has to come up with something spectacular.

And i fear that GT5 just wont cut the mustard. I mean 5 years of development?

In theory Prologue should look and and feel like GT2 compared to the new game with the amount of time spent on it.

Someone dropped the ball somewhere, and no amount of fine tuning of the game will pull them out of the shit, and they know it. They are just delaying the inevitable walk away from the series :)