SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

Played the demo, wasnt impressed at all.

Seen some new videos and it blew me away. Then i saw forza motorsport 3 even more impressive.

Are you serious? The graphics on forza 3 look like GT on PSP rofl.

Also the GT5 demo is absolutely terrible, nothing like GT5-P. You get bored racing the same 4 or 5 tracks over and over again though. I only play it when i want some eye candy

Edited by topher_

There are other things to games besides graphics. There is this thing called gameplay its pretty cool hey.

Having said yes the graphics in forza 3 did blow me away too. You might want to get your eyes checked if you think its on psp level. roflmao

topher you're quite the Sony fanboy. Anyone who seriously thinks that they can compare graphics of modern day games via Youtube videos (especially pre release promotional footage that is likely pre rendered), is daft!

GT-5 Prologue got quite boring really fast, it didn't feel like there was anything 'new' about the driving experience, and the graphics didnt make me go WOW, well apart from the title screen, but unfortunately the game didnt look anywhere near as good.

:D

They have to be optimised, its different hardware - and limited at that.

Whilst they might use the hardware better - the single reason is that when ported to PC you'll never have them use a PC hardware properly because they are not coded as such... you kind of countered your own point.

games written for PC's rock - always have, there are just less off them these days :D

Games have to be optimised cus of the limited hardware of consoles? ok lets not forget consoles are created and released and then never further developed (please dont go into the x360 updates) where as new pc parts are constantly released so over a 5 year period you can purchase a console for a relatively low price, say $500-$700 and it will do you for all that time. A PC will need to be updated if not replaced every 1 to 2 years to play the latest games at full graphics. And this is the major reason why i no longer play the latest games on PC. Consoles look nearly as good as the games are developed for consoles because that is the largest market.

Exactly what I've done ;)

i have to admit, i did the same thing... about a year ago now and im still waiting! hurry up polyphony digital

There are other things to games besides graphics. There is this thing called gameplay its pretty cool hey.

Having said yes the graphics in forza 3 did blow me away too. You might want to get your eyes checked if you think its on psp level. roflmao

forza3 looks good but to say it looks better than gt5 is simply incorrect, i love my racing games and have spent many a night on other net forums where i have seen "exposed" the inaccuracies between real life cars and those in forza3. gran turismo 5 represents cars 100% accurately. its just got more class.

topher you're quite the Sony fanboy. Anyone who seriously thinks that they can compare graphics of modern day games via Youtube videos (especially pre release promotional footage that is likely pre rendered), is daft!

GT-5 Prologue got quite boring really fast, it didn't feel like there was anything 'new' about the driving experience, and the graphics didnt make me go WOW, well apart from the title screen, but unfortunately the game didnt look anywhere near as good.

Fanboy? lol. I'm such a sony fanboy that i own an xbox, had a 360 (rrod) and had a wii. If anything i am more of a sega fanboy... dreamcast > * :)

Of course you can compare graphics on youtube. It's going to dumb down the graphics of both videos so you see which one looks less crap.

How can the title screen look good but the in game graphics not? What T.V do you have? I know when i didn't have a full HD t.V the graphics looked 'good' only. The graphics on gt-5 are top notch, the only problem is when you zoom in at the start of a race and it has that little 'tear' above the cars or whatever it is. But yeah it does get boring very fast unless you are playing with a mate. Me and a mate were racing the f1 car and drifting all night :)

pretty ridiculous showing a non real time low resolution vid of forza 3 from you tube then comparing it to a higher resolution vid of gt on psp that has non real time action 4 times as small.

You may as well put the gt5 ps3 vid on there and say it looks the same as the psp version.

Played it on a mates Sony Bravia LCD 42in, if the prologue is actually 1080p then thats what it would have been running in, the crowds etc also looked really wooden especially, and there seemed to be a noticeable degredation in the graphics in split screen; the only thing I like about the GT games over Forza is the amount of JDM cars.

I've very sure it would be. And on the E3 video for GT5, there are bits of Nurburgring shown, the last part of the video shows a GTR on Nurburgring.

They need a bit of Bathurst on there. That'd be sweet as brew!

• 3 weeks later...
Slightly more on topic, I'm lucky in that a mate bought a PS3 for the sole purpose of GT5, because I sure wouldnt! :(
Exactly what I'll be doing :D
Exactly what I've done :(
+1 Did the same thing too.

i'm not allowed to buy a ps3 until gt5 comes out, which is fine by me, because i don't play many other games other than the GT series, and CBF'd paying $50 for a game with only a handfull of cars and tracks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

even more latest news (cbf'd getting a link cause it's bad news) but release date is now set for a japan release in march 2010. apparently they have gone from being ready to release at any time to only being 65% complete. in which case it will take them another 3 years

It will get a release when PS3 sales numbers need bumping up for the shareholders. :down:

Do we have any ideas on the cars featured? Usually those start to leak out first. Hopefully they have a lot more older stuff. The best thing about GT and Forza is modifying the older 80s and 90s cars, and the number of those has always been limited unfortunately. On top of that, they are never really accurate with what is actually happening in grass roots motorsport (the best level of the game for mine). Forza was better than GT4 with it, but still lacked a lot.