SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

Only confirmed date is for Japan, March 31 2010.

For North America (and possibly everyone else) they have said a summer release. Whether that's North American summer who knows, but it's suggested therefore that it may be June/July for us.

I can see GT5 being a let down...no matter how good it is...it has been far too long....even if it comes out tomorrow the base programming is 5 years old already and counting.

and one thing Polyphony need to make sure they get right is the sound.....both GT3 and 4 i left the stock exhaust on all the cars other wise they just sound like some 1980s budget matchbox car game.

It may be over the top but the car sound efects from SHIFT sound HEAPS better than any of the GT series...

Would have to agree with that one. Hopefully they do fix it.

For now, we get to drool over this latest release. Finally... the official box art.

gran-turismo-5-boxart-official.jpg

I can see GT5 being a let down...no matter how good it is...it has been far too long....even if it comes out tomorrow the base programming is 5 years old already and counting.

and one thing Polyphony need to make sure they get right is the sound.....both GT3 and 4 i left the stock exhaust on all the cars other wise they just sound like some 1980s budget matchbox car game.

i have to agree about it being a let down. 5 years worth of hype is a hell of a tall order to meet. as it is my expectations of the game are falling as they keep jerking us around with release dates, except there is no chance of me having a "OMG THIS IS EPICALLY AWESOME!!!!11ty!!!" moment as i know the game is going to be good but i don't see it being great. i sort of just see it now as gt4 with better graphics and new cars and tracks.

and as i've said ealier, i don't really give a shit about the sound as i'm not listening to it through some big stereo system and when i'm racing i'm usually concentrating on my driving rather than how realistic the engine sounds.

Also agree. When I get the game I wont be impressed if a decently modified GTR doesn't sound realistic, likewise cars like the Ferrari engine notes, American Muscle Cars(Most games never get the V8 sound to work), Rotary's, boxer engines. etc

You cant call yourself a simulation unless these things are accurate. I only play sound through the basic tv speakers but without decent sound you cant get into the moment.

I am confident they wont be too far off the mark this time at least on a portion of the cars. Based purely on the GT academy's tuned car sound. Sounded like I would expect from that type of car without having heard what the real thing at that state of tune really is like.

Luke

The car exhaust noise, brake pad squeal and gear-box whine are some of the little things which make shift good, in games you can have a great idea, gorgeous graphics but totally F**K up the game-play and it'll show in the lack of sales...

GT5 better be damn near on PERFECT in every aspect to sell well, the amount of time people have been waiting will really hurt Sony if the game doesn't deliver 5 years of development....

how can they slam the brakes on gt5? it was fucking stopped anyway

but i can honestly say that i'm not suprised. screw the fans, just do whatever makes more money seems to be sony's latest business plan. i wasn't expecting it to be released outside of japan in march anyway.

the stupid thing is, why are they planning it for the american spring/summer. i would've thought that the ideal time to release it in places where it snows is in winter when it's too cold to go outside so people spend all their time inside. but then they don't have their long school holidays at xmas time like we do, they have them in spring, so that's when all the nerds will be able to play it for hours on end without having to leave their house to get beaten up at school