SAU Community

Car Crushing To Go Ahead

Rocky88

+1 No brainer really.

I'll do a runner in my fully sik hectik car and go to jail so I can watch them crush my car from my cell window!!!!!

I agree with the logic but common sense isnt all that common :blink: Theres going to be one stupid kid I'm sure who thinks he's gonna get away with it

+1 again for the above post esp if you have custom number plates heh

-D

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

running from the cops when they are gona crush ur car.. does anyone use this logic..

- cop signals for u to pull over after doing a skid.

- u go, 'f**k it' and plant it, cops chases for a km then calls it off.

- cops show up at ur house coz they took down ur rego number.

- cops take ur car and crush it.

- u recieve a criminal record.

am i the only one what sees it that way?

if you did a runner and then just cruised back to your house your an idiot.....

I dont really have that big of a problem with it, however I really think if they do legislate about crushing, that they do it on the 3rd offence for "hooning".

But there lies the problem, what is hooning? its an officers (and the public's) judgement. If I am at traffic lights on a 80k road, and when they go green I redline 1st, is that hooning to them - because I wouldnt be speeding. I think if they are to begin crushing cars there needs to be some serious guidelines in place to ensure a standard across the state.

What Im getting at is I would hate to meet a cop on a bad day and lose my car for it... (either by crushing or impound)

running from the cops when they are gona crush ur car.. does anyone use this logic..

Or, They pull you over and let you off with a warning? How many people have had clearly visible major defects are been let through?

the problem lies in officer's discretion, it basically relies on the idea that the officer is all knowing and completely inpartial, which we know is bs.

giving the police the power to crush our cars based on their judgement is a very scary prospect, especially when there are so many police in the force who have a chip on their shoulder for one reason or another.

Or, They pull you over and let you off with a warning? How many people have had clearly visible major defects are been let through?

ive been not let through with invisible defects if that counts?

i think ive been pulled over 3 times without being defected, once i was on a permit and couldnt be defected, another i was already defected, leaving one time ive been pulled over and not defected, when it was possible to defect me.

i dunno how it works for everyone else, buy i generally dont have a lot of hope of getting pulled over without copping a canary.

i really dont think this is the way to stop hoon activity on adelaide roads.

the solution is so very obvious, im not even gonna type it.

giving the police/courts power to do this, is only going to worsen the situation imo.

also the talk of restricting p platers to 4 cylinder cars, sure you can do that, but what bout when they get

there full licence, buy a 34 for example, snap 2nd in the wet and bang, dead....

why not introduce advanced driving courses mandatory as part of driver training... not stupid night time driving ffs.

our gov. is more interested in revenue > laying out $ for improved roads and training...

meh, they gotta pay for the tram extensions some how ay?

it depends on each person, i had a turbo import as my first real car, it was great because at that point i wasnt overconfident, and i was slow to ever try and push the limits, and i could build my skill at the same time as i built my confidence.

if id never touched a performance car, built up confidence, then jumped straight into performance car unskilled, id probably be more likely to crash it.

saying that, the problem is when u have people who jump straight onto their P's, already overconfident, and have even less skill.

depends on each person.

But there lies the problem, what is hooning? its an officers (and the public's) judgement. If I am at traffic lights on a 80k road, and when they go green I redline 1st, is that hooning to them - because I wouldnt be speeding. I think if they are to begin crushing cars there needs to be some serious guidelines in place to ensure a standard across the state.
the problem lies in officer's discretion, it basically relies on the idea that the officer is all knowing and completely inpartial, which we know is bs.

giving the police the power to crush our cars based on their judgement is a very scary prospect, especially when there are so many police in the force who have a chip on their shoulder for one reason or another.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Anyone who has studied law will understand the term "common person" or "normal circumstances". In a normal situation a common person is not going to rev their car to redline in 1st altho they're not speeding. This can fairly be interpreted as "hooning" as you are carelessly being a hazard on the road, omitting excessive noise, and disregarding the comfort of others. A burnout is not speeding ... but it omits noise and smoke = hoon. Speed isn't the only tool of the hoon. A doof-doof loud stereo is not the tool of a hoon, as beefy audio systems are common nowdays. Cars driving around to redline is not.

I would believe that there would be some sort of court/tribunal hearing/meeting whereby you can defend your actions IF it came to crushing. That way police can't just single out anybody adn not give you a chance to save your car. And in any case, I believe it would apply to the most serious hoon offenders ... not just high performance cars.

also the talk of restricting p platers to 4 cylinder cars, sure you can do that, but what bout when they get

there full licence, buy a 34 for example, snap 2nd in the wet and bang, dead....

Uhm

the difference is experience. Or, like you said, they buy their 34 as a first car and then, snap 2nd in the wet and bang, dead.

theyre more likely to f**k up if a 34 is their first car rather than getting used to how a car handles (and you even learn to back off in the wet when driving a 4cyl shitbox)

I know for a fact that people with an iota of experience wouldn't screw up as much as a P plater. Start low, work your way up, that way there is much more chance you'll a) understand the difference power can make and b) having an appreciation of the power curve, would be a little more cautious in all scenarios.

Power can get you out of trouble. It can also get you into trouble. Thats why it would most likely be based upon the power the vehicle produces, not whether it has a turbo, super, na, 4cyl, 6cyl, 8cyl, diesel, petrol, lpg, whatever...

-D

EDIT - And I agree craig, training is the key. Bring on the finnish system i say..

Edited by Dohmar

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Anyone who has studied law will understand the term "common person" or "normal circumstances". In a normal situation a common person is not going to rev their car to redline in 1st altho they're not speeding. This can fairly be interpreted as "hooning" as you are carelessly being a hazard on the road, omitting excessive noise, and disregarding the comfort of others. A burnout is not speeding ... but it omits noise and smoke = hoon. Speed isn't the only tool of the hoon. A doof-doof loud stereo is not the tool of a hoon, as beefy audio systems are common nowdays. Cars driving around to redline is not.

I would believe that there would be some sort of court/tribunal hearing/meeting whereby you can defend your actions IF it came to crushing. That way police can't just single out anybody adn not give you a chance to save your car. And in any case, I believe it would apply to the most serious hoon offenders ... not just high performance cars.

i guess my question is, why the hell are we impounding cars and slapping them with massive fee's for doing something which is "inconsiderate" and not actually dangerous?

i can think of shit old people do day to day on a much larger scale thats both more inconsiderate, and dangerous.

unfortunately it's not about this, it's about the hate for "hoons", people dont like hoons, so what do the police do? they do whatever the public wants them to do, even if it's not in the true interest of public safety.

we are a spiteful race, we'd rather prosecute on emotion rather than facts.

doesnt matter what age you start driving forced induction cars, 8s etc.

it all lies in training. cant put it any more simple.

i think it's starts before that though, in the confidence of the driver. some drivers are too confident from the beginning and think they are good enough already, so stuff like training wont help a great deal, whereas others are less confident, and are more willing to improve their skill level.

Ruby I agree with your post (last part especially)

it depends on each person, i had a turbo import as my first real car, it was great because at that point i wasnt overconfident, and i was slow to ever try and push the limits, and i could build my skill at the same time as i built my confidence.

I agree, my first car was turbo. Actually I cant even add to it thats me in a nutshell. I held my learners for 18 months, that how long it took me to gain the confidence to get my P's, the whole time in posession of a turbo car. Even now I'm not too keen on hills runs, I think about the things that might happen - too much

meh, im gonna teach my boy to drive the way i did, on my olds property, manual shit box, lots of mud = slides = learning control.

Haha yeah I did that too - starting about 13y/o or so, old Corolla and Corona, 75 acres: Mud, Dust, Rocks, Trees, all on private property.

meh, im gonna teach my boy to drive the way i did, on my olds property, manual shit box, lots of mud = slides = learning control.

no better way to learn a car's limits than by taking it past them regularly lol

no better way to learn a car's limits than by taking it past them regularly lol

LOL good times, the corolla's brakes didnt work - well maybe they worked 10%, so you kinda had to not crash when the brakes failed lol. Makes me wanna go up there and relive it, still got the corona!

i know many people that have/had spring loaded number plate mechanisms installed on their cars... one certain south australian drifting legend who shall remain nameless (some of you may know who im talking about) has been in at least 20 police chases and never got caught or tracked down... also at night turning off lights might do a trick too if cops haven't spotted your plates yet, or not driving with plates on at all when doing stupid shit... stupid - yes, but people will do it... the way i see new laws punishment for doing burnouts is almost as harsh as for police chase, so most people wont have much to lose once they are already chased by cops. and as last resort people could still hide car and report it stolen... do you think people wont do it?? some people almost value their cars more than their life, as it has already been said on one interview with self confested hoon in newspaper

Edited by Rocky88