SAU Community

Restoring Headlight Lens

Ok, I went and bought a headlight restoration kit made by Permatex today at the local car parts store. Will do this on the weekend and post some pics...

Worth a try for $30....I mean, I blew $54.50 on a Mega Quickpick yesterday, so....

Here's what I used to clean mine.

post-13979-1246446294_thumb.jpg

Meguires Medium Cut Cleaner and a ten dollar battery operated shoe polisher off Ebay lol.

Finished off with a coat of VuPlex, which is basically the same as Plexus for cleaning and protecting plastic.

Comes up all right, eh? (pic was taken at night, with a mobile phone).....

post-13979-1246446502_thumb.jpg

Nah, didn't think to take a before picture, but they were pretty well oxidised.

I've used one of the restoration kits on my other Skyline with all the various grades of wet and dry etc, but that method ^^^ came up better.

A lot less work too, battery shoe polisher FTW :(

As I posted before, when doing my whole car with it, I used Meguiars paint cleaner on the headlights as well and they came up great. Probably just got rid of built up wax and polish rather than oxidisation though.

Agree, I used meguires plastic polish on the headlights and it's come up great :D .........worth a shot, as it's not that expensive to try

I need someone who can take mine completely apart and clean the inside of the lens...

put it in the oven for 15mins and the glue will get soft then you can pull the lens off. there's a few vids on "You Tube" about it :)

• 4 weeks later...