SAU Community

Maryborough Sprint (qld) This Weekend 27/28 June

Marlin

Anyone going up? I'm heading up tomorrow, along with a mate with a series 6, and Giant is coming to drink a repulsive amount of bourbon :thumbsup:

I nearly pranged the car on the street this morning, it feels so terrible! I haven't driven it after it got back from Targa and I aint touching a thing. I'm running on the now bald targa tyres and seized up suspension.

Results wise I'll be suprised if I end up with anything more than damage from a concrete wall or water barrier :banana:

lol you're right Kel :D

And I'm suprised I ended up with a class win AS WELL as damage from a guard rail. LOL

Was an enjoyable weekend, really nice crew of officials, great competitiors, etc.... Very difficult to keep mud and gravel off tyres considering how wet it was leading up to the start on saturday, but everyone had the same issues and I guess the only guys it didn't concern too much was the 4WD brigade, assuming they had the power to turn all four off the line (read: GTR's do, WRX's don't :P).

We're already talking about our return next year ;)

Oh, and the burnout comp on saturday night was fantastic, it's been years since I've seen one and I admire the passion of the single-spinner-diff-non-turbo guys :P lolol

Being hammered drunk like I was in the front row of a Lynard Skinnard concert likely added to my enjoyment level ;) "where's the farkin V8's MATE!?!?!?!"

Edited by Marlin

lol you're right Kel :bunny:

And I'm suprised I ended up with a class win AS WELL as damage from a guard rail. LOL

Was an enjoyable weekend, really nice crew of officials, great competitiors, etc.... Very difficult to keep mud and gravel off tyres considering how wet it was leading up to the start on saturday, but everyone had the same issues and I guess the only guys it didn't concern too much was the 4WD brigade, assuming they had the power to turn all four off the line (read: GTR's do, WRX's don't :thumbsup:).

We're already talking about our return next year :blink:

Oh, and the burnout comp on saturday night was fantastic, it's been years since I've seen one and I admire the passion of the single-spinner-diff-non-turbo guys :D lolol

Being hammered drunk like I was in the front row of a Lynard Skinnard concert likely added to my enjoyment level ;) "where's the farkin V8's MATE!?!?!?!"

haha good stuff Ben - congrats on the win :)

and as said before- straight panels are so overrated.