SAU Community

Tuning Arvo

farris

ive just booked out a tuning arvo at ahg, has anyone else done one of these? i cant seem to get much info from ahg

what can i expect, do they just let you get out there and drive or is it more like a driver training?

any info would be great so me and my mates get the most out of it

Cheers

The Tuning event is usually on there little circuit and does not include any driver training or instructors, but they will keep an eye on you to make sure that you don't do silly things. They are a good event to do once you have recieved some driver training, but I'm sure you'll have fun regardless. Whilst the track looks really simply, there are a few interesting technicalities.

Exactly what Paul said.

Its great idea to do as many of these events as you possibly can. The more time you can spend in your car on the track, the more you will learn about it!

Have fun!!!

• 1 month later...

Well had the track day yesterday and all i can say is im booking another one on monday, :(

Weather was crap but had soo much fun, they are changing the tuning arvo slightly so that there is a little more driver training involved, seating and hand position, race lines and just answering general questions.

We got to use the the main track, 2 or 3 laps then swap over. And we also got to have a go at the skid pan which showed us all how bad we really are at driving in the wet lol, with 10 people there wasn't much waiting in line to get on either of the tracks.

Would highly recommend it to anyone. :P

the guy we had was awsome, said drive within your abilities. He let us have some fun but also helped us get better as the day went on. the only thing he said was no hand brake drifts and if you spin out dont just keep spinning your tyres, one guy got banned from the track at the end for doing a burnout.

hey, we had the tuning day on the thursday and it was p*sing down. it showed up every little handling fault and driver fault. although it was good fun bouncing on the limiter in 3rd gear. they told my work mate to leave after his exhaust fell off his bridge ported RX6. apparently it was all the ladies in the office could hear lol

they are changing the tuning arvo slightly so that there is a little more driver training involved, seating and hand position, race lines and just answering general questions.

We got to use the the main track, 2 or 3 laps then swap over. And we also got to have a go at the skid pan which showed us all how bad we really are at driving in the wet lol, with 10 people there wasn't much waiting in line to get on either of the tracks.

Would highly recommend it to anyone. :D

Glad to hear that there is some additional input from the instructors, as they have alot of valuable information to impart :D

Yep, they are great fun :down: